commencal 2021

Mr Scooter

Apr 30, 2020
New Zealand
Total refresh to the range, new bikes with new design, high end models will get new Shimano EP8 motor and 630 wh battery, 220mm rotors on some models, along with the new yet to be announced RS Zeb Fork (RS equivalent of the Fox 38)

ok so certainly worth waiting for. The Meta SX prob my bag for its big hit capability

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
its the big hitting models that are seeing the most changes - however if you can get a good deal on a current one they are still a great bike. Due to Covid I suspect bike launches are going to be all over the place, and their might be a lot of 2020 stock they want to clear first (though having said that it seems that bike sales have been going though the roof during lockdown, at least here in the UK)

Mr Scooter

Apr 30, 2020
New Zealand
its the big hitting models that are being the most changes - however if you can get a good deal on a current one they are still a great bike
yep but the biggest issue for me has been smaller battery - of all the folk I have spoken to.. its been range that they have said I shouldn't overlook and 504w/hr is quite low. The commercials certainly have the best suspension packages by far for the price point

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
I put up a thread with all the juicy details but it's now gone, Zucked.

Maybe you could send me a PM? ?

How does Commencal handle warranty on motor/battery? Does it have to go back to Commencal or can you go to a Shimano center?

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
s1200_F488A343_DDD0_47BF_ACBB_68C42B0473CE.jpg

Leaked image of the 2021 bike. Specs include.... Shimano EP8 motor, 630wh BT-E8036 battery, RockShox "ZEB" fork.

EP8/E9000 - has been rumoured for a long time to use the same mounting points as the E8000.
630wh E8036 - picture shows a longer battery than current model, BT-E8036 internal battery confirmed officially today.
Rockshox ZEB - RS have been quietly trialing a 38-40mm single crown fork for some time now.

I would suggest this leaked image is the real deal :)

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
Great, thanks. Looks perfect, would just like a coil shock and different seatpost. Any ideas about release date?

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
yep but the biggest issue for me has been smaller battery - of all the folk I have spoken to.. its been range that they have said I shouldn't overlook and 504w/hr is quite low. The commercials certainly have the best suspension packages by far for the price point
Don't worry about the "small" battery, as the new 650wh is the same formfactor, meaning you'd be able to do a battery upgrade :cool:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Are you 100% sure about that? Because my research says otherwise :)
I think he means the new batteries irrelevant of size both have the same form factor, not that the current battery has the same form factor as the new one.

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
Really unsure wether to hold out for this release or continue with my yt shred order.... will the new motor be that much better...?

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
Personally at this point, I wouldn't buy a bike with the old Shimano motor / battery. That's just my opinion though. The way I look at it, it's an ebike, why drop $7000 on an bike that has old tech on it when you know the new motor / battery are dropping in a few months. Don't get me wrong, the Shimano Steps 8000 motor is solid and reliable. It's a good motor, not saying its not, but its old, and feels old after riding bikes with the Bosch gen 4 and Brose motors. Both feel light years better then the old steps. I have friends who ride 2020 MetaPowers with the 8000 motor, when they rode my Levo with the Brose, their jaws hit the ground at how much better the motor was. And when I rode the MetaPower with the 8000, the difference was immediate as well. Motor isn't everything but it's quite a bit, it's an ebike after all and does make a difference! I honestly was shocked to see the YT Shread sell out like it did. I couldn't pull the trigger, but that's me. If your fine with getting a bike at this point with the knowing the new motor is dropping, then keep your order. Support and warranty for the motor will be there.

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
I have heard a few things about the e9000 not actually being on some 2021 bikes, possibly due to moulds of frames and availability. Will be interesting to see.

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
I dont think so dude. If that picture posted above at the start is any indication, the MetaPower geo was updated just like the entire line of all their other bikes. Where did you hear this info? I can't see them updating their complete line of bikes, every model, and not updating the metapower. I dont know, going off the pic the geo is 100% updated.

Reactions: rb.

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
This is what I was told through pm from commencal on another major forum.
“we will unveil our 2021 META POWER August 31st.
The major difference will come from the Shimano system. No major modifications in the geo.”

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
The major difference will come from the Shimano system. No major modifications in the geo.”
If they release an ebike version of this (Which I still believe is the most likely possibility) I will be a customer. If it’s the same exact bike with the new motor/battery, not sure I will pull the trigger.

FFAE7869-94E9-4ADE-A8FC-7A5011128379.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
no major modifications would imply different tweaked geo - I would be surprised is they dont go with a steeper seat tube for example, as this is something they have done across all the other updated bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles