Coil Shock on Sam²??

Samrider

Jun 23, 2020
Santa Cruz
I have a 2018 Sam² and really want to put a coil shock on it. One guy I know suggested offset hardware as well to bring the bike a little bit into it's travel and give clearance for the spring. Does anyone know of a suspension oriented store in the States that could help me with this? Or has anyone been through this process to get a coil on their Sam² with room for the tec pack as well? Thank you!

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
I have a 2018 Sam² and really want to put a coil shock on it. One guy I know suggested offset hardware as well to bring the bike a little bit into it's travel and give clearance for the spring. Does anyone know of a suspension oriented store in the States that could help me with this? Or has anyone been through this process to get a coil on their Sam² with room for the tec pack as well? Thank you!
Hi Samrider

I'm running a Fox DHX2 which is fantastic, only issue is that the TEC pack no longer fits. I got mine set up out of the box from a great company in Brisbane Oz. sorry I can't be of more help but at least you can take the DHX2 off the list.

Samrider

Jun 23, 2020
Santa Cruz
Hi Samrider

I'm running a Fox DHX2 which is fantastic, only issue is that the TEC pack no longer fits. I got mine set up out of the box from a great company in Brisbane Oz. sorry I can't be of more help but at least you can take the DHX2 off the list.
I've just yesterday seen a picture of a Sam with a dhx2. Beautiful setup

Samrider

Jun 23, 2020
Santa Cruz
Hi Samrider

How do you like your e wilds?

Samrider

Jun 23, 2020
Santa Cruz
Sorry e wilds? Not sure what you mean.

img_4729-.jpg

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
The Tec pack won't fit as the shock hits the Tec Pac, I have poured over this on my bike for ages and I'll just get another bike like the Jam or Orbea for longer days.
It's a real shame and the shock can't be mounted upside down as the same issue with the can hitting the frame this time.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@scott2655 I'm assuming that you can fully compress the suspension without the shock fouling the Tec pack. I know that as the suspension compresses, the shock does not just move forwards, but downwards and forwards in a shallow curve.

For anyone with a Focus Jam2 with a similar problem, see here:

Samrider

Jun 23, 2020
Santa Cruz
The Tec pack won't fit as the shock hits the Tec Pac, I have poured over this on my bike for ages and I'll just get another bike like the Jam or Orbea for longer days.
It's a real shame and the shock can't be mounted upside down as the same issue with the can hitting the frame this time.
Yeah man that is what I was worried about. It’s a shame

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
@scott2655 I'm assuming that you can fully compress the suspension without the shock fouling the Tec pack. I know that as the suspension compresses, the shock does not just move forwards, but downwards and forwards in a shallow curve.

For anyone with a Focus Jam2 with a similar problem, see here:

Unfortunately the can hits the Tec pack, your right in the way the assembly moves which was my hope when I got the coil but alas it wasn't to be and just the sag take up is enough to hit the battery.
That said the improvement the coil brings even for a hack like me over rides the lack of battery, I'm just using Eco a lot more and Trail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles