Coil shock for trail riding recommendations.

pufferjumper

Jun 9, 2020
USA
I am wanting to try a coil shock for trail riding. As some have recommended, the coil should provide a smoother ride. Does anyone have recommendations? I'd like to go used, if I could. But, if I have to I can buy new.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
the cane creek DBcoil IL..... TFTuned
it’s pretty light in comparison to other coil shocks as it does not have a piggy back. It has all the adjustments needed. You can pair it with a cane creek progressive spring l if you want.
here is mine on a turbo levo with a normal spring...

38E084BD-F42B-49C3-B674-C891386516CC.jpeg

Last edited:

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I’ve Only just fitted it. I’ve always preferred coil shocks. It will add about 200g of weight in comparison to an air can but I much prefer the initial damping feeling. It feels more natural with its movement in tune with my Own leg suspension.
I want my rear shock to be plush and supple with a fast rebound and don’t worry too much about pedal efficiency.
I ride whatever comes my way. Fast rocky, rooty, wet and muddy most of the time here in the woods of Wales.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would go with a RS Superdeluxe, as there always seem to be a deal out there from someone on them

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I am wanting to try a coil shock for trail riding. As some have recommended, the coil should provide a smoother ride. Does anyone have recommendations? I'd like to go used, if I could. But, if I have to I can buy new.
What bike do you have? Some work better with coil shocks than others.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles