Code RSC Brakes

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
Hi - Reading through a few of the posts here, it sounds like some of you are swapping out the Code RSC's for something else.

With that being said, I'd love to update my base model with the RSC's. Please reach out to me if anybody is looking to sell/ get rid of.

Thanks,
Will
[email protected]

Jedman5c

Aug 25, 2020
Simi Valley
I was about ready to trash the RSC's on my Decoy Pro 29. I bought a SRAM bleed kit, bled them properly and they got way better. Then I installed Galfer 223mm rotors and 1554 Pro pads front and read and the RSC's are f-ing crazy good now. Great modulation and stop on a dime when you tug a little harder....

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I was about ready to trash the RSC's on my Decoy Pro 29. I bought a SRAM bleed kit, bled them properly and they got way better. Then I installed Galfer 223mm rotors and 1554 Pro pads front and read and the RSC's are f-ing crazy good now. Great modulation and stop on a dime when you tug a little harder....
Let's see how many rides before they need bleeding again...

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I've never heard of these pads. Guess I'll take a look.

Jedman5c

Aug 25, 2020
Simi Valley
The purple backing are the ebike specific pads. I ordered those, but because they were out of stock Galfer offered to send the green 1554 pro pads. The green pads are Galfer’s top spec race pad. Braking power is amazing, and the RSC’s are working exceptionally. But.....I’ve only got one 30 mile ride in with them. I’m curious to see if they will continue to perform... I expect that the life of the green pads will be shorter than the purple.

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
What this guy said. Bleed them. Then, do the piston rebalancing act shown here.
look at 5:30 in to skip the intro and tools needed.

SRAM ARE HIGH MAINTENANCE !!!!!

When I feel inspired, I may switch to TRP for the great modulation and little maintenance

HOMIE5000

Feb 23, 2020
Australia
Codes are brilliant. You just have to set the bit point up properly with leavers fully extended , then set the leaver position , otherwise they fell wooden and no power .
If you want more bight use organic pads , I prefer the sintered as they last longer .

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
Coming from Shimano, my Code Rs on the Decoy have been very impressive, particularly in terms of modulation and consistency (unlike the continuously variable bite point of the XTs). No maintenance needed since new after 6 months and 1,200 miles.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Bull-s*th I have had Codes on all my bikes and the last version
The purple backing are the ebike specific pads. I ordered those, but because they were out of stock Galfer offered to send the green 1554 pro pads. The green pads are Galfer’s top spec race pad. Braking power is amazing, and the RSC’s are working exceptionally. But.....I’ve only got one 30 mile ride in with them. I’m curious to see if they will continue to perform... I expect that the life of the green pads will be shorter than the purple.
Ridden thousands of km's with RSC's and R's and never had any issue. I bleed them myself and the bleed lasts. I'm 100kg and my brakes get very very hot. Just came back of 3 week mtb-ing in the alps and they still feel solid as before. Although I might switch to 223mm rotors to limit the temp. I have 4 bikes with Code-R or RSC's, all are good. I really do not understand the issues people have with them. Maybe I am just that good a home bike mechanic :)

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Bull-s*th I have had Codes on all my bikes and the last version

Ridden thousands of km's with RSC's and R's and never had any issue. I bleed them myself and the bleed lasts. I'm 100kg and my brakes get very very hot. Just came back of 3 week mtb-ing in the alps and they still feel solid as before. Although I might switch to 223mm rotors to limit the temp. I have 4 bikes with Code-R or RSC's, all are good. I really do not understand the issues people have with them. Maybe I am just that good a home bike mechanic :)
Same. They’re awesome..... have always had shimano so had reservations but the rsc’s are awesome.

Gemini2k

Sep 9, 2019
Normal
If your codes need re-bleeding then it was not done correctly the first time. Or there is something wrong with the seals/assembly. There really aren't any modern brakes that struggle with "holding a bleed" or whatever you want to call it. There are only bad mechanics.

The codes are fine for most users/applications. I prefer saints since they have a bit more power and resist fade a little better (I think they are easier to bleed too). But if you're not doing super long (>2k ft) or steep (>20%) descents then properly set up codes should work perfectly fine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles