Code R brakes don't fit my adaptors?

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Hi. I was given a set of code r brakes and decided to upgrade my existing guide re brakes on my Levo comp. I thought I would start with the front brake as is easiest for access. However once I fitted the code r brake to my existing adaptor on my fork I noticed the brake pads aren't fully covering the rotor. It looks like the existing adaptor is too high for the codes. The codes look like they need to be about 5mm closer to the centre of the rotor. Has anyone else upgraded to code r and did you have the same problem? Do I need a special height adaptor?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
AFAIK you just need to remove the washers between caliper an adapter ... Picture will help...

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
we need to find out what actual rotor size you have first 200 or 203, then get the right adapter for it, look up Sram Brake post adapter charts on google

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
Avid spacers.jpg

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
AFAIK you just need to remove the washers between caliper an adapter ... Picture will help...
I guess you didn't catch this, you have the right adapter, you just need to remove the washers between adapter and caliper as Code R is Standard post mount and Guide RE is CPS ...

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
a 20mm p mount should do the trick
Hi Bryan. Thanks for the advice. I guess you refer to that standard 20mm p mount with a 12.5mm and 7.5mm spacing. My existing spacer/adaptor has 14mm and 9mm spacings. I notice from the avid table that the existing lower washers aren't shown with 20mm p mount.

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
I guess you didn't catch this, you have the right adapter, you just need to remove the washers between adapter and caliper as Code R is Standard post mount and Guide RE is CPS ...
Hi Salko. Thanks for the tip. It looks like if I remove the lower washers only (as per your advice), then I'll only be about 1.5mm difference from using the 20mm p mount. I can't see 1.5mm is going to make any real difference.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Just can't be ... Stock Levo Comp 2020 comes with Guide RE and Avid PM 20mm adapter and you have cup washers on both sides of the Guide RE eyelet (you have 4 groups of cup washers) ... You just have to remove all these washers on the side of adapter (remove 2 sets of cup washers), the caliper must sit directly onto the adapter ... otherwise post a picture of current setup so we can help you out ...

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Just can't be ... Stock Levo Comp 2020 comes with Guide RE and Avid PM 20mm adapter and you have cup washers on both sides of the Guide RE eyelet (you have 4 groups of cup washers) ... You just have to remove all these washers on the side of adapter (remove 2 sets of cup washers), the caliper must sit directly onto the adapter ... otherwise post a picture of current setup so we can help you out ...
Hi Salko, thanks for the advice. I know what you mean and I will remove the lower washers (between adaptor and caliper).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles