• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Cleaning advice...? the bike not me personally :)

EvoKenevo

Jul 6, 2018
Eastbourne
Morning all, Hope you all had a good weekend? Wondered what you guys use to clean your bikes off with, from Motocross we have Muck off and Pro-green but is this ok to use on the bike? any areas I should pay particular attention to? avoid? pressure wash or just wash by hand? don't get me wrong its not filthy I just think it looks so good when clean, thanks :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks Gary. I hadn't considered one of those, mainly because my hot water pressure from the kitchen tap is more of a dribble than a flow. :(

What make is the gun?
My last two were from ALDI. you can pick them up in various hardware stores though. And probably Ebay. The Aldi one is less than a fiver.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You guys do realise Trafic film remover is dilutable?
What do you think Fenwicks bike specific cleaner is. (they're actually quite upfront about it)

not that I have any need to ever use TFR.

Very occasionally I've used a degreaser.

If you regularly clean and lube your bike neither of those products are really ever required

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Have you ever bothered to read what quantity of salt is contained in an entire bottle of washing up liquid? Then worked out how much one small blob contains and then thought about just how much its diluted by in a large bucket of clean water? Not to mention that it's then rinsed off with even more clean water.
There's probably more salt deposited on your bike from one winter road than in a a lifetime of washing your bike with washing up liquid.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Sorry in advance for the flippant remark, but I think your 5 minute cleaning regime would result in a much longer patio clean up, so if your bike cleanliness is more important to you than that of your garden then crack on ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles