• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Clean electric points

Alan wolfe

Oct 10, 2018
Ffgjh
Does anybody know how clean electric battery points on ebike can I use any electric contact spray are does have be something specific

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I’ve seen this in Halfords....

56593A40-DAB7-462F-9AFE-0DE1D953B4EA.jpeg

I’ve not used any cleaner yet on the contacts because I protect them using Bosch rubber caps...

879050DB-09A3-4986-AEDD-977AE5368393.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
All electrical contacts are subject the oxidation and that in turn retains dirt and moisture. Electrical contact cleaner removes the oxidation deposits and with it the dirt. Some contact cleaners also contain a lubricant....as always you get what you pay for.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
If badly oxidised, buy a fibreglass cleaning pencil from amazon or ebay for a few quid. Just twist the base of the pencil to expose the stiff fibres then rub over the electrical terminal to clean it. Finally spray with a contact cleaning/protecting spray.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No it will just attract dust and dirt. Using some lubricant on the "o" ring and some grease on the chamfered mating surface of the motor to battery connection helps keep the contacts area protected from both water and dust.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles