Clean and lube all connections

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Just a PSA... Injury and other obligations kept me off my bike for 45 days. A thorough clean and dry was done before putting up on the stand. Got out yesterday at the start had an e010 error code on the display which was cleared by removing and replacing the battery. A number of different intermittent error codes thrown up on the display during the start of the ride and a power cycle cleared them. At the furthest point from home the display shut off and all assistance was terminated. Got back home and examined each connector on the motor, display and battery. Two connectors on the motor displayed abnormal growth, which was cleaned off and then a good anti-corrosion spray was used. Got it all back together and no more codes, all is well.

TLDR - Even if you wash and dry, use of a good anti-corrosion spray may save your ride...

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Just a PSA... Injury and other obligations kept me off my bike for 45 days. A thorough clean and dry was done before putting up on the stand. Got out yesterday at the start had an e010 error code on the display which was cleared by removing and replacing the battery. A number of different intermittent error codes thrown up on the display during the start of the ride and a power cycle cleared them. At the furthest point from home the display shut off and all assistance was terminated. Got back home and examined each connector on the motor, display and battery. Two connectors on the motor displayed abnormal growth, which was cleaned off and then a good anti-corrosion spray was used. Got it all back together and no more codes, all is well.

TLDR - Even if you wash and dry, use of a good anti-corrosion spray may save your ride...

What do you call "a good anti-corrosion spray"?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
What do you call "a good anti-corrosion spray"?

Recommended by a Specialized dealer and works very well.
I use it on all the electrical connections and have been using this for the past year and a half with no issues

2F48BBBC-5F32-452D-8870-9239A908050F.jpeg

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
I’ve looked for that on amazon.... where did you get that dude ..... Im a newbie and want to start thinking about the glorious winter coming :) ......

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles