Classic Rock / Electric Blues / Alternative

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Bottom one is 'Blooey' my custom Technics SL-1200MkII. I stripped and rebuilt it and had the casing powder coated locally for £30!
Blooey-Complete.jpg

One above that is an early 80s Linn LP12 but again, new power supply to give 33/45 speeds, new arm etc. Above that you can't see the Strathclyde Transcription Developments (unfortunately abbreviated to STD!) 305s (I have two of these). Not plugged in to the left is the Technics SL-Q2, other STD305S and a Systemdek IIx with offboard electronics/PSU. I have a Linn Axis in the Lounge and two other TTs at my son's house.

Not a massive but still significant record collection - c. 1200 LPs, 150 12" singles, 300 7" singles, 500 CDs/CD singles and some self-recorded cassettes (still sound great).

Musical Fidelity Amp, CD, DAC, Nakamichi ZX-7 Cassette Deck, Sony Tuner, Creek Headphone amp, Sony MiniDisc deck. Bowers & Wilkins CDM1 Signature Edition speakers (80s vintage).

I like working from home! :)

DustyMemphisHalfSpeed.jpg

Garratt.jpg

Gorillaz-NowNow.jpg

MarillionPicSingles.jpg

MarillionPicSingles2.jpg

PicDiscs1.jpg

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Bottom one is 'Blooey' my custom Technics SL-1200MkII. I stripped and rebuilt it and had the casing powder coated locally for £30!
View attachment 50667

One above that is an early 80s Linn LP12 but again, new power supply to give 33/45 speeds, new arm etc. Above that you can't see the Strathclyde Transcription Developments (unfortunately abbreviated to STD!) 305s (I have two of these). Not plugged in to the left is the Technics SL-Q2, other STD305S and a Systemdek IIx with offboard electronics/PSU. I have a Linn Axis in the Lounge and two other TTs at my son's house.

Not a massive but still significant record collection - c. 1200 LPs, 150 12" singles, 300 7" singles, 500 CDs/CD singles and some self-recorded cassettes (still sound great).

Musical Fidelity Amp, CD, DAC, Nakamichi ZX-7 Cassette Deck, Sony Tuner, Creek Headphone amp, Sony MiniDisc deck. Bowers & Wilkins CDM1 Signature Edition speakers (80s vintage).

I like working from home! :)

View attachment 50668

View attachment 50669

View attachment 50670

View attachment 50671

View attachment 50672

View attachment 50673

Holy shite ?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
I'm with you there ..just not really into the operatic rock thing ..
Away from Classic Rock ..I also like artists like Porcupine Tree , Pineapple Thief , Steven Wilson , Afghan Whigs etc..one of my favourite groups in recent times is Gazpacho ..but they have gone a bit quiet recently ..Best listened to with headphones ..a good place to start would be the album " March of Ghosts " and if you liked that explore either their back catalogue or more recent albums ..
Like a bit of Porcupine Tree & Pineapple Thief - Gavin Harrison is pretty slick
I'll check out some of your other suggestions
Thanks ?

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Like a bit of Porcupine Tree & Pineapple Thief - Gavin Harrison is pretty slick
I'll check out some of your other suggestions
Thanks ?

Love Porcupine Tree specially Fear Of A Blank Planet, Gavin Harrison is an absolute beast of a player but also a huge pocket groover, he's a fixture in my top 5 drummers list.
Have you looked into his back catalogue? He was a prolific studio drummer back in the 80's and 90s, he's laid down beats for some massive hits.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
My all-time favourite drummer would have to be Carl Palmer ..but yeah Gavin Harrison is pretty cool..
This is just a quick heads up for a newly released album by the Dead Daisies ( Holy Ground) ..now fronted by Glenn Hughes..whose vocals are still remarkable for a bloke who has been around forever ..its a really great Classic Rock album ... and sounds really fresh
Screenshot_20210205-204829_Spotify.jpg

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Late to the party bit I've just come across an album from 2003 by The Mayan Factor ..Lake' Ch...anyone heard it ..its excellent .
First track from the album

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
There's a LOT of classic rock in here. Well done lads, it's all good stuff. OTOH, I'm an ageing indie kid, all floppy hair, drainpipes & attitude before I turned into a middle aged fart but I just can't shake the habit. My current squeeze is niche to say the least. An Anglo/Dutch/Turkish mob who take Turkish folk tunes from the 60's on & rearrange them into something between psych rock & disco. No idea what the lyrics are, it could be bring back Hitler for all I know but I don't care, I think these are the bomb.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
About to turn in for the night ( yeah I know its early but I'm old and a bit knacked from todays ride !) ..after my son ( 18 ) fell out of bed at 3.00am this morning and woke me up resulting in me not getting back to sleep ..I will give that a go in the morning Rusty ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Niche indeed ..nothing to really dislike ..but neither does it blow me out of the water ..?
Probably just a little too mellow for my tastes ..glad you like it though Rusty..

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
That's the beauty of music for you. Things would be very dull indeed if we all danced to the same beat.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Released today ..Smith / Kotzen..
An album by Adrian Smith ( Iron Maiden) Richie Kotzen( Winery Dogs) ..
Having played this album since getting up at 4.00a.m...and for some reason had a pre-conceived idea of not wanting to like it ..I've gotta say it's very very good on first hearing and is set to get repeated plays ..

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
i dont upgrade my SL turbo levo without upgrading my SL 1200 with external psu, Tonearm Damping System, rca mod, good enough to listen every kind of rock and jazz ;)
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 20.40.40.jpeg

1200.png

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Rediscovered this the other day
https://youtu.be/hw2YuJPw5EM

When I first heard ' Shake my tree' I thought it was an old school Whitesnake and Led Zeppelin mashup
That's pretty much what it is , Jimmy Page with David Coverdale on vocals

Definitely worth a listen , reminiscing for the old-timers , education for the youngsters ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Nearly end of year ..so what has tickled your bits this year ..?
For me ..
Lemmo's album ..nice guitar ..with " Lay There" being a favourite
Blue Stones ..second album " Hidden Gems" ..really talented duo.
A few albums in now but the self titled album by Blacktop Mojo ..excellent...with the two album closers " Stratus Melancholia " & Tail Lights.. highlights ..don't play the last track if your woman has just left you ..😁

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ooh another music thread, where did this one come from ?

So, although I’ll openly admit electronic music is definitely my thing, I am known to like a bit of all sorts too such as indie, Hip Hop, punk and the occasional rock

Band of the year for 2021 in my opinion has to be Wet Legs. Catchy indie pop. Only three singles so far this year but all bangers:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Ooh another music thread, where did this one come from ?

So, although I’ll openly admit electronic music is definitely my thing, I am known to like a bit of all sorts too such as indie, Hip Hop, punk and the occasional rock

Band of the year for 2021 in my opinion has to be Wet Legs. Catchy indie pop. Only three singles so far this year but all bangers:

TG...are you trying to finish me off ..?😂
I've been stuck in one room for 3 full days isolating away from all of my family ..only in touch with them via video calling ..meals & drinks left outside my prison door ..
allowed a quick shower once a day but I've my own loo downstairs ...I'm not so slowly crawling up the walls ..and then you come along and under the pretence of playing a banging tune post the biggest load of shite I've heard since ABBA were in their nappies ..😂😂
Kids today..I'm so glad the '70's was my era ❤ 😉

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
...Holy shit ..nearly forgot ..
If you like a bit of Gary Clark Jr...then this gadgie..although a few notches heavier should be right up your street
Ayron Jones..album:- " Child of the State"
A little taste..

Marksou

Dec 24, 2021
Llanbedrog
Was lucky enough to see Zeppelin's last gig at Knebworth in 79. Saw most of the major bands of 70s/80s. Thin Lizzy was always a good gig, especially in Manchester as Phil Lynott was an adopted Mancunian.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Poor old Meat Loaf, passing today. A sad day. One of the greats...

You certainly got a show out of him. Saw him three times live.

RIP Marvin. You'll be missed, big fella!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Sad to hear the news ..but couldn't stand his music ..his voice used to grate on me ..but guess I was in the minority as Bat Out Of Hell is still in the top 10 album sales of all time ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles