sheffield city hall 70`s
have a guess
1610352543131.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Don't recognise the guitarist..but my pic is a very grainy thumbnail ..
Saw a very young Sabbath in the 70's at Newcastle City Hall ..but its probably easier to say who I didn't see back then !
My big regret is not seeing Free ( did see Bad Co.)..as Paul Kossoff is probably my favourite guitarist

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Don't recognise the guitarist..but my pic is a very grainy thumbnail ..
Saw a very young Sabbath in the 70's at Newcastle City Hall ..but its probably easier to say who I didn't see back then !
My big regret is not seeing Free ( did see Bad Co.)..as Paul Kossoff is probably my favourite guitarist
i`ll have a bash Hodge
who,zepplin,yes,sabbath,little feet,family,alex harvey,budgie,ten years after(picture) uria heep hawkwind
alex harvey,ufo,alice cooper,jethro tull,thin lizzy,nazareth,wishbone ash,and many many more ohhhhhh
and i forgot (wait for it)spice girls (go on then guys get the ribbing over)

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
A threeplay by some locals. Lead guitarist was from a couple bands I worked with and other members helped at recording time.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Most of whats on your list ..didn't see Zeppelin..another regret ..as is the lost signed poster from Thin Lizzy ..Vagabonds of The Western World Tour ..
Add ELP, Genesis ( every Newcastle gig ) Pink Floyd ( Earl's Court ) ..Rainbow ..Deep Purple etc and the list goes on ..
My secret ..The Commodores ( brilliant ) ..
The Spice Girls are acceptable only if you went with your daughter ,( if applicable ) ...or a box of kleenex if not !??

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Most of whats on your list ..didn't see Zeppelin..another regret ..as is the lost signed poster from Thin Lizzy ..Vagabonds of The Western World Tour ..
Add ELP, Genesis ( every Newcastle gig ) Pink Floyd ( Earl's Court ) ..Rainbow ..Deep Purple etc and the list goes on ..
My secret ..The Commodores ( brilliant ) ..
The Spice Girls are acceptable only if you went with your daughter ,( if applicable ) ...or a box of kleenex if not !??
had tickets for floyd but couldn`t go.
a few between us then, couple of ones i forgot stranglers, be bop delux, i`ll be thinking all day now
yes daughter was about 9 and son 6 so am i admonished of all charges
Chrystal/Hallam FM Party in the park 1996 - Bing video

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Cool..saw the Stranglers a little later in their career supporting Simple Minds ..along with Roachford & OMD at Gateshead International Stadium ( didnt really rate them ) ..by the way the tissues would obviously have been to wipe away the emotional tears of joy at the Spice Girls Gig ...?

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Cool..saw the Stranglers a little later in their career supporting Simple Minds ..along with Roachford & OMD at Gateshead International Stadium ( didnt really rate them ) ..by the way the tissues would obviously have been to wipe away the emotional tears of joy at the Spice Girls Gig ...?
saw stranglers at "The Halfway Hotel" Goldthorpe they were skint dirty sods
they got there set up and went accross the road for 1 lot of fish and chips
between them.
started playing spit at audience (didn`t see that) and big bert who was the disco
guy stood over 6 foot 20 stone pulled the plug and sent them on their way with
apparently no pay

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
I've got a lot of love for these Chaps too , and the Stunningly good Saprano phenomenon Tarja on vocals , she's easy on the eye as well ?
It really shouldn't work with a Rock/Metal band but it really does
Huge symphonic rock sound
Check out this clip from what turned out to be her last performance with " Nightwish " in 2005 , can't believe they parted ways over 15 yrs ago . My heart is still broken.
The current vocalist ' Floor Janson ' isnt too shabby mind you and is definitely work checking out

Now THIS is how to open a live show !!
Enjoy !

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
I've got a lot of love for these Chaps too , and the Stunningly good Saprano phenomenon Tarja on vocals , she's easy on the eye as well ?
It really shouldn't work with a Rock/Metal band but it really does
Huge symphonic rock sound
Check out this clip from what turned out to be her last performance with " Nightwish " in 2005 , can't believe they parted ways over 15 yrs ago . My heart is still broken.
The current vocalist ' Floor Janson ' isnt too shabby mind you and is definitely work checking out

Now THIS is how to open a live show !!
Enjoy !

Nice to see Johnny Depp filling some of his free time on keyboards...

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Stu ..not my cup of tea at all ..but glad you like them ..
Ah well nevermind , I'm still firmly rooted in the likes of Zeppelin , Rush , Deep Purple , 80's classic rock and the likes of Steve Vai , Satriani and Joe Bonamassa but do like to divert and explore

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Ah well nevermind , I'm still firmly rooted in the likes of Zeppelin , Rush , Deep Purple , 80's classic rock and the likes of Steve Vai , Satriani and Joe Bonamassa but do like to divert and explore
I'm with you there ..just not really into the operatic rock thing ..
Away from Classic Rock ..I also like artists like Porcupine Tree , Pineapple Thief , Steven Wilson , Afghan Whigs etc..one of my favourite groups in recent times is Gazpacho ..but they have gone a bit quiet recently ..Best listened to with headphones ..a good place to start would be the album " March of Ghosts " and if you liked that explore either their back catalogue or more recent albums ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles