Classic Rock / Electric Blues / Alternative

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Was lucky enough to see Zeppelin's last gig at Knebworth in 79. Saw most of the major bands of 70s/80s. Thin Lizzy was always a good gig, especially in Manchester as Phil Lynott was an adopted Mancunian.
Met Phil & the rest of the band in the early days ( Vagabonds of The Western World Tour ) after a gig at The Mayfair in Newcastle ..along with a few hundred others queuing up for a signed poster ..
Live & Dangerous is still my favourite live album ..
Also saw them again in 2006 supporting Deep Purple at the arena in the toon ..when Scott Gorham was the only surviving member ..

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Was lucky enough to see Zeppelin's last gig at Knebworth in 79. Saw most of the major bands of 70s/80s. Thin Lizzy was always a good gig, especially in Manchester as Phil Lynott was an adopted Mancunian.
Friend of mine is a Saddlers season ticket holder & found himself sat next to Robert Plant a few years ago. Said it was the most surreal moment of his life, discussing the merits of Walsall's back four.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I feel Dave may not actually be THE Dave Matthews, or he is in which case this is some game of 4D chess. 😂

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I feel Dave may not actually be THE Dave Matthews, or he is in which case this is some game of 4D chess. 😂
My mind
1643404073112.png

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC

I'm just a 65 y/o phone guy who lives in Vancouver B.C.
I play rhythm guitar and lead singer in a cover band here.
And I like ebikes.:D
You “Dave Matthews’s” are all the same, messing around, playing guitar and leaving fragile people like me on an abandoned trail of fun flashbacks. 😉
…my coat and my 🧢 I will take.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Thought this thread deserved a re-visit ..
I've been listening to Steven Wilson since 2006 when I came across Porcupine Tree's " Fear of a Blank Planet" ..and have listened to most of his solo work as well as his side project with Avi Geffen in Blackfield.
His latest solo album " The Harmony Codex " is without doubt some of his finest work (after a couple of listens ..)
I'm not sure which genre it falls under " Alternative"? " Prog" ? ..who cares ..its good 👍

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Yes, I've listened to it a good few times too, Hodge. As you say, classification can go out of the window on this one. Its just great music.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Can't not mention these legends - Rush
Started listening to them when I was about 13
Rush ‘Caress of Steel’ was my first album I purchased when I was 13. Played the heck out of it on my Quadraphonic , with 8 track combo turntable stereo. 👍🏻

But my instrument skills have been limited to the triangle and eventually the cowbell. SNL replays helped, even though my tempo sucked. 😉

More Cowbell!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles