Classic Rock / Electric Blues / Alternative

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Cant believe there isn't a music thread on here ..so as this is mainly the type of music I'm mostly into ..thought I would kick this off ..but hey feel free to recommend anything you are listening to ..
For me right now its Zal Cleminsons ' Sin Dogs ..
also Silversun Pickups
Widows Weeds
So what are you listening to ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Jack

Aug 23, 2020
UK
Cant believe there isn't a music thread on here ..so as this is mainly the type of music I'm mostly into ..thought I would kick this off ..but hey feel free to recommend anything you are listening to ..
also Silversun Pickups
Widows Weeds

Used to be a huge Sensational Alex Harvey Band fan back in the day

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think you confused people with it being a music thread ..

CLASSIC ROCK / ELECTRIC BLUES / ALTERNATIVE

Classic rock .. granite and so on .. might wreck your tyres ..

Electric Blues ... You've got an e-bike, but it's been raining none stop for 2 weeks .... can you be arsed ...

Alternative ... This is where @dobbyhasfriends gets involved with garden jumping or @BAMBAMODA rides around naked on youtube for his 200,000 female and 3 male subscribers.

Happy Jack

Aug 23, 2020
UK
Gary Moore ..yeah ..Great guitarist
Personally like some of the new " Kids " on the block ..Joe Bonamassa / Gary Clark Jr ..etc ..

Some great new(ish) blues guitarists about. I saw Joe Bonamassa in Manchester a few years ago.

Oli Brown is super - this is a few years old but I love it

Massively underrated Ian Siegal playing at his most sleazy

But you can't beat a bit of cheesy disco .....

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Happy Jack ..I also saw Jo Bo a good few years back on his first tour ( I think) in this country ( Sloe Gin ) ..
I also saw Alex Harvey at The Mayfair in Newcastle ..couldnt say that I was a huge fan ..but that gig was immense .
According to Spotify ..my favourite album last year was the Blue Stones " Black Holes "..which is probably about right ..with my most played track being " Rolling With The Punches " ..
worth a listen if you've nowt better to do ..

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I am specially a fan of Paul Gilbert amongst many others.. the technicality of his playing blew me away and I worked for years to get his tekkers into my playing..

Paul Gilbert, Viking Kong - Live

me (hugely influenced by Gilbert)

and this is Paul playing a guitar that I made.

Happy Jack

Aug 23, 2020
UK
Happy Jack ..I also saw Jo Bo a good few years back on his first tour ( I think) in this country ( Sloe Gin ) ..
I also saw Alex Harvey at The Mayfair in Newcastle ..couldnt say that I was a huge fan ..but that gig was immense .
According to Spotify ..my favourite album last year was the Blue Stones " Black Holes "..which is probably about right ..with my most played track being " Rolling With The Punches " ..
worth a listen if you've nowt better to do ..

I like the Blue Stones. They are a cracking band.

2008 I saw Joe at Manchester University. I was doing loads of gigs around that time I hardly go to any these days. We used to have a little blues club near us run in a local Working Mens club. The guy who ran it used to get some great blues bands on and the beer was as cheap as chips - happy days!

Happy Jack

Aug 23, 2020
UK
I am specially a fan of Paul Gilbert amongst many others.. the technicality of his playing blew me away and I worked for years to get his tekkers into my playing..

Paul Gilbert, Viking Kong - Live

me (hugely influenced by Gilbert)

and this is Paul playing a guitar that I made.

Nice guitars - Modern T for me please but another guitar would mean a divorce

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
One of the last groups I saw live ( supported the Amazons ) were The Mysterines ..Great live and I would have expected them to be huge by now if it weren't for Covid putting a downer on touring

Last edited:

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Love these Guys
Dream Theater - superb virtuoso musicians
Seen them live 3 times and they are note perfect
Huge back catalogue
One of my favs " in the presence of enemies - part 1 "

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Can't not mention these legends - Rush
Started listening to them when I was about 13 , still regulars on my playlist 40 years later
Saw them 3 times as well
Drummer sadly died a year ago
RIP Neil Peart ?

Couple of beauts for you from their earlier , better (in my opinion) prog rock era

La Villa Strangiato and By Tor and the snow dog

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Did someone say Blues?

I know that many blues fans really rate Beth Hart ..and she does seem to collaborate with a lot of Blues/ Rock royalty ..but I can't stand her voice ..I think( know) its because of that vibrato..a complete turnoff for me as are Joanne Shaw Taylor's ( gruff) vocals although she is a very talented guitarist ..just seems like they are trying too hard ..

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Some great new(ish) blues guitarists about. I saw Joe Bonamassa in Manchester a few years ago.

Oli Brown is super - this is a few years old but I love it

Massively underrated Ian Siegal playing at his most sleazy

But you can't beat a bit of cheesy disco .....

I'm Diggin Oli Brown.(y)

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
He hasn't made a bad album yet ..would love to think he could tour the UK at some stage ..
Agreed, I remember being astounded when I first discovered his music a few years ago. Some, however is a bit too much R&B for me but still not bad enough for me to skip the track.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
also Silversun Pickups
Widows Weeds
list of great bands is really too long,this is one of them
1610346204270.png

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
also Silversun Pickups
Widows Weeds
also back in the 70`s there was a band called "Rush" , Limelight was another, did
some of there own stuff like "man of colours" (on youtube) these were pub bands.
at that time with a big following.
my number 1 must be a band called " coast" early 70s guitarist" Quinny", and thundering
bassist and vocals "Biff Biford" you all know who that is.
had many a laugh with those two, those were the days.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles