Cheap second hand levo's

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I know everyone has concerns about what the second hand value of their bikes will be due to reliability concerns and the high costs of motors and batteries.

I keep looking around here (France) too see what things go for ..

A couple of weeks there was a nice 2018 Levo Expert Carbon with invisframe and 500km's went for €1500 , should have grabbed it really ... just because :)

Just seen these two :

2019 Levo €1150 (not sure if that's not a typo though it seems too low)

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1757308242.htm/

2018 Levo Comp Carbon €800

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1757254868.htm/

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I had been wondering about doing it the other way, ie buying in the UK and selling in France.

In the UK it's more normal to want the latest and greatest so you can imagine a lower second hand price.

In France they're generally less materialistic so cling onto things and more often than not, second hand prices can be stupidly high - often the same as new as if it's being sold with the advantage of being run in ... It looks like the e-bike market might be a bit different, though again, you see some for sale for new price or higher.

A guy down the road had his for sale, 6 months old, 300km's, new/replacement e7000 that week - €200 less than it cost him new... and €300 more than they now cost new .... o_O

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am always amazed what you can pick up for a bargain second hand in France, particularly with road bikes.

My in-laws have a place in Normandy, and for years every summer when we where out there I would pick up a couple of vintage road bikes then flog them on eBay over here for 3 times the price.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Cheapest I’ve seen a levo expert go in uk is £3600 and a s works for £4650.
once the warranty is nearly up I wouldn’t want to pay much for one, awesome bikes and loved having it but to unreliable. But the money your talking in France seems a total bargain and would be worth a punt for sure, could be a nice profit maker there. ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Have updated the leboncoin site that they're both fraudulent. Lets hope I have more luck than I had with e-bay last time I found fraudulent listing. I contacted them with a my experience and listed several others and they weren't interested in removing them - I guess they get the money for the listings if it's real or not ..

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Cheapest I’ve seen a levo expert go in uk is £3600 and a s works for £4650.
once the warranty is nearly up I wouldn’t want to pay much for one, awesome bikes and loved having it but to unreliable. But the money your talking in France seems a total bargain and would be worth a punt for sure, could be a nice profit maker there. ?
I think the two bikes you have referred to are mine and my mates bikes ?
Didn't think they were that cheap.
You have to be realistic when selling second hand if you actually want to sell in a timely fashion.
I think some people just ask too much.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I do wonder how much an 18 Levo is worth now though, how much would someone pay for an 18 S-Works? 3.5k?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I tried to report an obviously stolen bike on eBay a couple of months ago, turns out you have to be Law Enforcement.

1582980595429.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I do wonder how much an 18 Levo is worth now though, how much would someone pay for an 18 S-Works? 3.5k?

Someone posted a couple of weeks ago about a shop which had two "hardly used" 18 s-works bikes in for £3k each and couldn't shift them.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
I think the two bikes you have referred to are mine and my mates bikes ?
Didn't think they were that cheap.
You have to be realistic when selling second hand if you actually want to sell in a timely fashion.
I think some people just ask too much.
What did you go for mate ?

theres the same Levos been for sale for weeks on eBay. Normally about 50-60% less than retail is a good start. I took a hit on mine :/

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Someone posted a couple of weeks ago about a shop which had two "hardly used" 18 s-works bikes in for £3k each and couldn't shift them.

Gotta say I wouldn’t expect much above 3 to 3.5 at 9 months old for mine. Think a nice one is a bargain at that considering the spec though. If lightly used they make a very compelling case against some of the new stuff out there.
I would be more worried if I had to sell a 19 quickly.
Ive paid about 60p a mile up to now counting depreciation.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles