Levo Gen 2 Cheap Levo Crank Arms (155mm) Samox ?

yolo_MTB

Oct 13, 2020
California/USA
Hey,
First post here. Got a couple Levos a 2017 and a 2018. Live in US.

Anyway, was looking over all the threads and for sure know I need shorter cranks for my wifes 2017 Levo. It sits really low. I have seen lots of options out there, unicycle cranks, RaceFace expensive ones, SRAM but they don't make em short enough, Praxis, Miranda ones that seem to break, etc..

Stumbled upon these Samox E3 Crank Arms in 155/160/165 options.

"Samox E3 Crank Arm Set - 155mm, Specialized w/BROSE (ISIS Spindle), 0mm offset Right / 5mm offset Left, Black "

Guy at the shop who sells them (in a different state) had no experience installing them on a Levo, so wondering if anybody has heard or or used these?

They are about $20 USD shipped and claim to be 6061 Aluminum. The guys at the shop said they were a big company in Taiwan and are prob on some OEM bikes.

Any info? I ordered a pair of the 155s so I can share my experience when they show up..

spec.JPG

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
I'm brand new to the forum (awaiting shipment and build of my 2021 Oak Green Turbo Levo Comp) and e-bikes in general but I can provide some useful input on ISIS unicycle cranks. Saw it on an EMBN episode. Nimbus is Unicycle.com's house brand. Order online at Unicycle.com and tell Josh I sent you. If you want absolute bombproof crank arm look for an old pair of Kris Holm (unicycle God) Moment cranks or his newer lighter Spirit cranks.

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
I'm brand new to the forum (awaiting shipment and build of my 2021 Oak Green Turbo Levo Comp) and e-bikes in general but I can provide some useful input on ISIS unicycle cranks. Saw it on an EMBN episode. Nimbus is Unicycle.com's house brand. Order online at Unicycle.com and tell Josh I sent you. If you want absolute bombproof crank arm look for an old pair of Kris Holm (unicycle God) Moment cranks or his newer lighter Spirit cranks.

IMG_3440.jpg

Full disclosure I own six unicycles. One 19” trials, Three mUni (two 29ers, one 27.5), and two 36ers (Blue 36er with Schlumpf hub is for sale). Trust me.

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
Hey,
First post here. Got a couple Levos a 2017 and a 2018. Live in US.

Anyway, was looking over all the threads and for sure know I need shorter cranks for my wifes 2017 Levo. It sits really low. I have seen lots of options out there, unicycle cranks, RaceFace expensive ones, SRAM but they don't make em short enough, Praxis, Miranda ones that seem to break, etc..

Stumbled upon these Samox E3 Crank Arms in 155/160/165 options.

"Samox E3 Crank Arm Set - 155mm, Specialized w/BROSE (ISIS Spindle), 0mm offset Right / 5mm offset Left, Black "

Guy at the shop who sells them (in a different state) had no experience installing them on a Levo, so wondering if anybody has heard or or used these?

They are about $20 USD shipped and claim to be 6061 Aluminum. The guys at the shop said they were a big company in Taiwan and are prob on some OEM bikes.

Any info? I ordered a pair of the 155s so I can share my experience when they show up..

View attachment 42100
Hi, any updates on these?
Thanks

yolo_MTB

Oct 13, 2020
California/USA
Hey, the cranks arrived last week, but it turned out that the existing stock bolts from the Praxis cranks would not fit into the hole of the Samox crank arms. My local shop hooked me up with what were just standard ISIS bolts, which should work fine. Didn't get a chance to install yet, but should this week and then I will get a few rides in and update. Also, FIY if on the Praxis cranks, you need a 16MM allen to get the outer ring off. Didn't have one of those, but Amazon to the rescue.

yolo_MTB

Oct 13, 2020
California/USA
After a few rides with the 155 cranks, my wife is a happy camper. Way less pedal strikes. She is not noticing the difference while pedaling. I have a few before/after pics I can post if people really want, but there is no clearance issues with the new cranks. They seem to be well made. They are metal, not really sure any other way to test quality vs the test of time so we will see. Will prob be making the same upgrade on my bike in the near future. For basically $30 out the door just really hard to beat. Might also look to upgrade chainring to a 36.

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
After a few rides with the 155 cranks, my wife is a happy camper. Way less pedal strikes. She is not noticing the difference while pedaling. I have a few before/after pics I can post if people really want, but there is no clearance issues with the new cranks. They seem to be well made. They are metal, not really sure any other way to test quality vs the test of time so we will see. Will prob be making the same upgrade on my bike in the near future. For basically $30 out the door just really hard to beat. Might also look to upgrade chainring to a 36.
Thanks for the update.
Happy this works well for you and you're back on the bike.

Now I just need to find a seller that ships them internationally with reasonable prices.
For its price, it's worth having a set laying around in case you need it.

yolo_MTB

Oct 13, 2020
California/USA
Thanks for the update.
Happy this works well for you and you're back on the bike.

Now I just need to find a seller that ships them internationally with reasonable prices.
For its price, it's worth having a set laying around in case you need it.
Where are you located? I'm in California.

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
I assume you used the M15 x 1mm crankset bolts (this is what Samox sells)? Were the dust caps both right hand threads, or one left and one right? I have discovered that my stock Praxis cranks both remove counterclockwise, but not sure about the dust caps. The dust cap on the left was a left hand thread, but I am hoping that the Samox dust caps are both right hand threads.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles