Charger Light question

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
So after leaving my bike on charge overnight I returned this morning expecting the charger to indicate a full charge, but it was still showing only a part charge as in the picture. But the onbike screen said full charge.
Only managed 16 miles on a mix of trail and boost mode with 2000ft of elevation.. Not sure if it was fully charged or not?

20190608_151617.jpg

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
When I charged my Jam2 which I recently sold the green light flashed on and off constantly while it was charging and when it was charged the green light stayed on.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
When I charged my Jam2 which I recently sold the green light flashed on and off constantly while it was charging and when it was charged the green light stayed on.
Which light? The one next to the fully charged battery symbol?
Mine stayed as in the picture after being on charge over night.

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
How much boost did you use on your ride ?
I can imagine only getting 16 miles range from the internal battery using both trail and boost , especially with climbing involved.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I have sometimes found that if I dont fit the magnetic connector correctly I get a false charging signal and no charge . More care needed !!:cautious:

JonnyM

Oct 15, 2019
Cambridge, UK
I'm having a similar problem. Had the bike 2 days. Done 2 rides both times ended up with 2 bars left.
Tried charging bike this afternoon and noticed the green flashing charge light stops blinking after 5-6 times. I phoned my supplier (Rutland) and asked if that's normal and told bit to worry, it'll still be charging! Came back 3 hours later and it's still on 2 bars. I tried different sockets and checked the magnetic connection.
Any ideas? I assume the flashing green light should stay flashing for the duration of the charge cycle?

Oct 28, 2018
North Yorkshire
I'm having a similar problem. Had the bike 2 days. Done 2 rides both times ended up with 2 bars left.
Tried charging bike this afternoon and noticed the green flashing charge light stops blinking after 5-6 times. I phoned my supplier (Rutland) and asked if that's normal and told bit to worry, it'll still be charging! Came back 3 hours later and it's still on 2 bars. I tried different sockets and checked the magnetic connection.
Any ideas? I assume the flashing green light should stay flashing for the duration of the charge cycle?

It's not charging, it sounds like you may have an issue with the charger. Take a look a the post on this forum re Focus charging issues. To cut a long story short... try taking the charger in doors and warming it up, then give charging the battery another try.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles