Changing the bars on my Turbo Levo Expert 2019

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Hi, might be dumb questions but I just got a new Turbo Levo Expert delivered and would like to swop the bars for the Enve M7's off of my Yeti. Also would like to swop the stem for the Enve M7 version both of these are 35mm.
Q1. Can I simply replace the stem that came with the bike, with swat multi-tool inside, for a standard 35mm version?
Q2. It looks like the dealer has taken the edges off of the 2mm Hex bolt that secures the remote onto the handle bars so I am struggling to get this off. I just wanted to check that the manual is correct in listing this as a 2mm Hex bolt before I rather sheepishly approach my local bike dealer in that I am sorry but I have been unfaithful and bought a bike off someone else embarrassed look?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Rich.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
1 yes, although you may need some small spacers to compensate for different stack heights of the stems
2 if you gently fish around with the hex you might get it to fit, it took me a while

Alan Yeung

Jul 9, 2019
Ottawa, ON, Canada
1. Yes, but to swap out the stem, you first need to remove the swat tool assembly which is removed by loosening the 5mm hex bolt at the bottom end of the steerer tube. At 1:18 of this video shows what I mean:

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Thanks for the replies. The manager at my local Leisure Lakes sorted the 2mm hex bolt for me FOC which was really good of him as I didn't buy the bike from them. He does know that when the forks, shocks etc get upgraded they will get the business though.
Much appreciate the video on how to change the stem for a 35mm standard one.
Cheers Guys.
Bike is a riot BTW.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles