Changing Cranks

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
Has anybody changed the cranks on their cube? did it need a software update? and what did you get?

thanks in advance

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Are you thinking of changing to shorter cranks?

If so, as far as I know, crank lengths under 165mm require the software to be changed. I’ve done this on my Bosch motored Trek but I’ve actually gone back to the original cranks as I suffered a 10% loss of range on the short (clown) cranks.
If you don’t have the software altered there is a problem with the torque sensor and the bike becomes horrible to ride with the power being delivered inconsistently.

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
Are you thinking of changing to shorter cranks?

If so, as far as I know, crank lengths under 165mm require the software to be changed. I’ve done this on my Bosch motored Trek but I’ve actually gone back to the original cranks as I suffered a 10% loss of range on the short (clown) cranks.
If you don’t have the software altered there is a problem with the torque sensor and the bike becomes horrible to ride with the power being delivered inconsistently.
i was going to go down to 170, maybe 165..........but a do run the active plus motor and not the cx

i had a diagnostic report done on the weekend, but didnt see crank length in the modify options on wheelsize

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles