Levo Gen 2 Chainguude for £30?! Daylight robbery?

SparkleHedgehog

Dec 11, 2021
Coningsby, UK
So my thread has just gone loose as well documented on here for the Mickey Mouse metal on these chainguide bolts (was trying to torque it to 3nm ffs!) and although it hasn’t come off and isn’t loose I know it’s borderline mashed.

Looking around hardly anybody has them listed for sale but £30 for a chainguide?! Wtf?! Levo chainguide

How or why can they justify that for how badly it’s built?

Is the kenevo one any different as that’s listed as £16 and looks the same?

Anybody actually taken theirs off completely and run the bike without? I have a narrow wide chain ring so wondered about just getting rid?

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I have broken a couple of modified ones (36T)

I am currently without one and its OK, but on big landings it does come off sometimes. I'd be very interested in an aftermarket solution.

I was also wondering about getting another modified one, then gluing a metal strip on it to strengthen it.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If you tighten the nut a fraction too much it’s finished , it seems like spesh asked the engineer to design a guard that nobody could/would replicate plus the main frame bolt is a motor bolt that should be torqued to a high no. but can’t be done if you want the guard to sit where it’s supposed to sit ( if u get me ) 🤪

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
If you tighten the nut a fraction too much it’s finished , it seems like spesh asked the engineer to design a guard that nobody could/would replicate plus the main frame bolt is a motor bolt that should be torqued to a high no. but can’t be done if you want the guard to sit where it’s supposed to sit ( if u get me ) 🤪
Yeah it’s basically made of cheese.

I broke mine in about 3 weeks of owning the bike, been running without since. But as James said above, fine most of the time but has come off on jumps a couple of times.

Will order another and take more care this time 🤦🏻‍♂️

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Yeah it’s basically made of cheese.

I broke mine in about 3 weeks of owning the bike, been running without since. But as James said above, fine most of the time but has come off on jumps a couple of times.

Will order another and take more care this time 🤦🏻‍♂️
you'll be fine then mate 😂

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
So my thread has just gone loose as well documented on here for the Mickey Mouse metal on these chainguide bolts (was trying to torque it to 3nm ffs!) and although it hasn’t come off and isn’t loose I know it’s borderline mashed.

Looking around hardly anybody has them listed for sale but £30 for a chainguide?! Wtf?! Levo chainguide

Anybody actually taken theirs off completely and run the bike without? I have a narrow wide chain ring so wondered about just getting rid?
Look at alternatives such ss Wolf Tooth

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne

Currently running my Kenevo without a chain guide and it seems OK so far. A lot easier to clean the front sprocket now too as the chain is more easily removed from it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles