Chain ring update

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Just in case anyone is interested but I managed to get a 34t chain ring for my bike from r2-bike.com for just over £22 including postage, I know a lot of people are going for the 36t and 38t chain rings but I wanted to stay stock this time, anyway I just thought it might be of help to someone

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I ordered 2 x 34T chainrings from r2-Bike in April, and all I've had is emails to keep telling me it's not in stock, due in next month!

Look now and the 34T is due in, in August.

Just thought I'd give my experience.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Hi there, thanks for the heads up although not what I wanted to hear, I hope they’ve got some stock in for us both ?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Yep, I received an email today informing me that they are unavailable so I’ve asked for a full refund, I hate companies that take your money when they don’t have the stock, really pisses me off

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Yep, I received an email today informing me that they are unavailable so I’ve asked for a full refund, I hate companies that take your money when they don’t have the stock, really pisses me off

To be fair, I had this from Tredz too when I'd ordered a cassette, with an expected 8 week delay, then the following week, it turned up.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I asked for a refund but they sent me a nice reply and asked me to be patient and that the supplier will be sending them some chain rings so they will be able to supply mine some time this month so I decided to not have the refund after all, I hope i don’t regret that decision

Penttithefinn

Feb 3, 2021
Suffolk
Just in case anyone is interested but I managed to get a 34t chain ring for my bike from r2-bike.com for just over £22 including postage, I know a lot of people are going for the 36t and 38t chain rings but I wanted to stay stock this time, anyway I just thought it might be of help to someone
Thanks for the info. Managed to get a 38t from r2 sent to UK in 7 days!
20210618_123152.jpg

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Given that the SRAM stuff seems so hard to get at the mo, anyone had good results with something else that works well? Hope 34t seem in stock everywhere but £60. Anything else?

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I’ve given it up as a bad job, I’ve lost count how many emails I’ve received from them saying that the 34t chain ring is not yet available, I would have never bought from them if I’d known they didn’t have them in stock and I would waiting this long, absolutely shite service ?

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I'd registered a 'stock alert' with SJS Cycles regarding a cassette. Today I got a 'back in stock' email, within the hour, I clicked on the link
= 'Out of Stock' ! fortunately, I'd already got one.

My last weekly stock update email from r2 for the chainring still says 'expected in on 31/07/21' It's getting close! but I am prepared for disappointment :mad:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
It’s a disgrace taking peoples money knowing that they haven’t got the stock, and even more infuriating when they’re in another country and then making us wait months to add insult to injury, I’ll never buy from them again as long as I live

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
In fairness to r2, after 6 months of my LBS being unable to obtain a specific short drop dropper post from any UK wholesaler, for my wife's bike, in June I tried the r2 website. They had it listed as 'out of stock', but had a re-stock date of mid July, so I ordered one and paid for it.
r2 gave a weekly email update on the order, the mid July re-stock date didn't slip, my order shipped on schedule, and arrived yesterday.
Below £135 so no import duty either. I couldn't have got the part without r2.

Meanwhile, 1 week to go on the expected chain ring re-stock date.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Sorry for the late reply mate, been out of action due to illness and then work pressure, did you finally get your chain ring because I’ve given it as a bad job, I’ve had at least ten emails from them saying the item is not available, I think I’ve got more chance of growing a twelve inch dick than getting the chain ring I ordered and paid for from them, I’ll never buy anything from them again, they’re an absolute joke

Last edited:

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
XX Cycle have the 34T version in stock, delivery is approx 15 euros;

I've ordered from them a couple of times with no issues;

1628609400619.png

Obviously the next day delivery is only applicable in France

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Sorry for the late reply mate, been out of action due to illness and then work pressure, did you finally get your chain ring because I’ve given it as a bad job, I’ve had at least ten emails from them saying the item is not available, I think I’ve got more chance of growing a twelve inch dick than getting the chain ring I ordered and paid for from them, I’ll never buy anything from them again, they’re an absolute joke

Hah! the last order update email, didn't have a re-stock date on it, and I see their website now says Oct 2021.
I'll look around for somewhere else, but keep my order in place for the next, next replacement, which I know I'll need.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
XX Cycle have the 34T version in stock, delivery is approx 15 euros;

I've ordered from them a couple of times with no issues;

View attachment 68634

Obviously the next day delivery is only applicable in France

Thanks for your reply mate, I’ve just ordered and paid for one, it shows as in stock and ready for delivery so I’ve gone for it now, I just hope all goes according to plan because I’ve given up on R2, they’re an absolute joke company

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Hah! the last order update email, didn't have a re-stock date on it, and I see their website now says Oct 2021.
I'll look around for somewhere else, but keep my order in place for the next, next replacement, which I know I'll need.

Mine said the same, I’ve ordered one from XXCycles in France, I just hope I get my chain ring very soon, it’s coming via UPS so fingers crossed they’ll come up with the goods really soon ?????

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Mine said the same, I’ve ordered one from XXCycles in France, I just hope I get my chain ring very soon, it’s coming via UPS so fingers crossed they’ll come up with the goods really soon ?????
Did you buy the XXcycles ref 137711 ? Can you confirm it is 3mm boost?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Did you buy the XXcycles ref 137711 ? Can you confirm it is 3mm boost?

Tbh I’m not sure if it’s the boost chain ring but I’m assured it’s the correct one for my bike, I received an email just a moment ago informing me that it’s being despatched today by UPS, there is a good chance it could be here (Sheffield) by early next week ?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Enough is enough and I’ve waited for far too long for r2 to get my chain ring to me so I’ve asked for and received a full refund

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles