Chain Reaction Warranty help

tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
I have it back!!! 2 days off 3 months from when it was picked up, have not ridden it yet but the only problem so far is there is no clamp for the dropper leaver, so another complaint email sent.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You disagree? With what? You think CRC are doing a good job?

I disagreed with your comment "that is not the answer"

but I'm also not interested in a CRC/wiggle witch hunt either.
But I know fine well how their business model works. and have done since way before purchasing 3 ebikes from them. Because of this I haven't actually found it all that difficult to speed up the warranty process and have alway gotten what I'm due. and been treated very fairly in respect to this.

I do agree their customer service is an absolute shambles though.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
I disagreed with your comment "that is not the answer"

but I'm also not interested in a CRC/wiggle witch hunt either.
But I know fine well how their business model works. and have done since way before purchasing 3 ebikes from them. Because of this I haven't actually found it all that difficult to speed up the warranty process and have alway gotten what I'm due. and been treated very fairly in respect to this.

I do agree their customer service is an absolute shambles though.
Well ... it isn't the answer. I'm happy that you have been "treated fairly". However, many of us have not been treated fairly at all. I have my bike back and it is working, and I managed this by bypassing CRC.

I'm disappointed though that feel the need to describe our experiences as a witch hunt. They have taken thousands of pounds off each of us and the treated their customers terribly. Making them accountable for their failings is not a witch hunt .... it's called customer service. Thing is even though I have my bike back and I'm good .... I still want to make sure I do all I can to stop others making the same mistake. I can't sit back and say "I'm alright Jack". I just hope you're lucky enough not to have any further problems with your bike or with them.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I still want to make sure I do all I can to stop others making the same mistake. I can't sit back and say "I'm alright Jack". I just hope you're lucky enough not to have any further problems with your bike or with them.

FWIW I've probably had more issues with all 3 of my Vitus E bikes than any other human being on the planet.
Clue: they're only sold by CRC/Wiggle
Clue 2: I still ride a Vitus Emtb

It's not a case of "I'm alright, Jack" I can't tutor each and every unsatisfied customer as to how to deal with THEIR problems.

Your TOY broke. Don't spit the dummy.

No problem.... pop round. I'll gladly make it stop.
Yeah. right you are big man.
*sigh*
:rolleyes:

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
FWIW I've probably had more issues with all 3 of my Vitus E bikes than any other human being on the planet.
Clue: they're only sold by CRC/Wiggle
Clue 2: I still ride a Vitus Emtb

It's not a case of "I'm alright, Jack" I can't tutor each and every unsatisfied customer as to how to deal with THEIR problems.

Your TOY broke. Don't spit the dummy.

Yeah. right you are big man.
*sigh*
:rolleyes:

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
And there it is folks .... he really is an absolute idiot. By his own admission he doesn't learn from his own mistakes so I don't expect him to understand.

But I do like narcissist come clean out in full view "can't teach everyone", someone has a high opinion of themself.

You crack on wasting your carers allowance on CRC and leave the discussions to the adults.

Now toddler off and go and try patronise someone else. Bellend.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
@David0208 I think you need to understand that by peppering every Vitus thread with a diatribe against CRC it starts to grate on people - I have had bad, and good experiences with them, they need to sort there customer service out, but I still love my bike, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it, and whilst I agree with your sentiments your in danger of taking it to far by making this Eem like an endless rant rather than a reasoned diatribe - the reason Vitus/CRC dont come on the forum is because they think they are just going to get ranted at.

@Gary is blunt, and holds to his opinion, just as you hold to yours, so lets all calm down a bit.

The reality is we are in early days of emtb, and we are really all Beta testers - I know people with Bosch, Brose, Yamaha bikes who have also been without them for months.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
But I do like narcissist come clean out in full view "can't teach everyone", someone has a high opinion of themself.

Mumsnet is over there ------>>>

Sorry. Dude you really do have no idea what you're talking about here. As R120 says. I'm blunt and to the point. but there's no malice whatsoever in anything I'm saying to you. I apologise for playing with you but you really do have no detail whatsoever behind any of your views of me or any of my purchases and the reasons behind them so just hold fire with the blind dumb comments and angered insults. They don't upset me in the slightest and only make me find the whole thing funnier.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
@David0208 I think you need to understand that by peppering every Vitus thread with a diatribe against CRC it starts to grate on people - I have had bad, and good experiences with them, they need to sort there customer service out, but I still love my bike, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it, and whilst I agree with your sentiments your in danger of taking it to far by making this Eem like an endless rant rather than a reasoned diatribe - the reason Vitus/CRC dont come on the forum is because they think they are just going to get ranted at.

@Gary is blunt, and holds to his opinion, just as you hold to yours, so lets all calm down a bit.

The reality is we are in early days of emtb, and we are really all Beta testers - I know people with Bosch, Brose, Yamaha bikes who have also been without them for months.
I have a Vitus and I've said that I love it. I'm looking for solutions for the people who have the problems and also to warn others from making the same mistakes. That's not a rant. That's just common sense. But what grates on me is listening to people suggest that its early doors, and we're beta testers, because that is not the issue. Technology will have issues, I get that as I work in the industry, but there is no excuse for ignorance in business, 75% failure rate in our club is one thing, but 100% of those have suffered greatly from awful customer service. Look at the post from today ... bike back after 3months, and on a two year warranty. I've have mine away twice.

As for being calm .. I am, nothing wrong with stimulating debate about the issues we care about. That means listening to all aspects, not being told what to think by people who have too much money to waste.

I'll take on board what you have said but what you don't want to do is make people fearful of speaking out when they feel hard done by.

Cheers

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
Mumsnet is over there ------>>>

Sorry. Dude you really do have no idea what you're talking about here. As R120 says. I'm blunt and to the point. but there's no malice whatsoever in anything I'm saying to you. I apologise for playing with you but you really do have no detail whatsoever behind any of your views of me or any of my purchases and the reasons behind them so just hold fire with the blind dumb comments and angered insults. They don't upset me in the slightest and only make me find the whole thing funnier.
You're blunt? Nah ... you're not blunt. I've read your other posts, same on ever one. You have to be right.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No one wants anyone to be fearful of speaking out, CRC do need to take this on board, and address it.

However we are early doors with EMTB's, I know plenty of retailers who dont like stocking them because of having to deal with warranty issues which are a nightmare for them with EMTB motors, and a real time suck with no recompense. I know one dealer who has stopped selling Specilized EMTB's because they got fed up with having to deal with the warranty and letting down customers.

I dont know anyone of my regular riding crew who hasn't had a motor/battery/wiring fault with their EMTB.

If anyone asks me about buying an emtb, I say they are great, but they go wrong, and if that worries you or your are not technically competent buy from the best retailer you can with experience of the bikes.

So many retailers have jumped on board selling them because its the bike industry goldrush and cash cow at teh moment, but very few of them are equipped to deal with the backup needed, and that is added to the fact the motor manufacturers aren't geared up yet in a satisfactory way to back up the retailers.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
I have a Vitus and I've said that I love it. I'm looking for solutions for the people who have the problems and also to warn others from making the same mistakes. That's not a rant. That's just common sense. But what grates on me is listening to people suggest that its early doors, and we're beta testers, because that is not the issue. Technology will have issues, I get that as I work in the industry, but there is no excuse for ignorance in business, 75% failure rate in our club is one thing, but 100% of those have suffered greatly from awful customer service. Look at the post from today ... bike back after 3months, and on a two year warranty. I've have mine away twice.

As for being calm .. I am, nothing wrong with stimulating debate about the issues we care about. That means listening to all aspects, not being told what to think by people who have too much money to waste.

I'll take on board what you have said but what you don't want to do is make people fearful of speaking out when they feel hard done by.

Cheers
Well said, I bought my Vitus from Wiggle and people think CRC customer services are bad... who incidentally build the Vitus ebikes for Wiggle... Wiggle are beyond shocking when it comes to full ebike builds and the related customer service. I should say both companies are great when it comes to single part purchase items and I have returned many items to both companies and have either had a refund or replacement very quickly.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
No one wants anyone to be fearful of speaking out, CRC do need to take this on board, and address it.

However we are early doors with EMTB's, I know plenty of retailers who dont like stocking them because of having to deal with warranty issues which are a nightmare for them with EMTB motors, and a real time suck with no recompense. I know one dealer who has stopped selling Specilized EMTB's because they got fed up with having to deal with the warranty and letting down customers.

I dont know anyone of my regular riding crew who hasn't had a motor/battery/wiring fault with their EMTB.

If anyone asks me about buying an emtb, I say they are great, but they go wrong, and if that worries you or your are not technically competent buy from the best retailer you can with experience of the bikes.

So many retailers have jumped on board selling them because its the bike industry goldrush and cash cow at teh moment, but very few of them are equipped to deal with the backup needed, and that is added to the fact the motor manufacturers aren't geared up yet in a satisfactory way to back up the retailers.
Yes, that's my point.

Yes you will have issues, but it's how they are dealt with. That's what makes the biggest difference. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I do remember that moment when I took it in to my LBS with a huge bowl of humble pie. ?

I've ordered my new emtb from my LBS, so fingers crossed. ?

Cheers

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You're blunt? Nah ... you're not blunt. I've read your other posts, same on ever one. You have to be right.
No. I honestly I don't *need* to be right. I find it difficult not to be honest (opinion) AND prefer any (factual) information I share to be correct. Infact I'd find it pretty pointless replying at all if I didn't genuinely know what I was talking about.
you seem to have an issue with this.
Try to relax, eh?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I wonder reading this whether Vitus themselves are aware of the quality of customer service offered by their exclusive direct sales partner. I guess the fact the limited production volume regularly sells out overshadows other considerations and of course they have other bikes besides the emtbs which probably have lower warranty claims. Personally if I was dissatisfied with service from a retailer/ direct sales outlet I would direct my complaints to the manufacturer rather than broadcast here.

inwoods

Jul 31, 2018
Poulton-Le-Fylde.
Personally if I was dissatisfied with service from a retailer/ direct sales outlet I would direct my complaints to the manufacturer rather than broadcast here.

But as David0208 said that does nothing to let others no about the potential poor customer service you will receive if something goes wrong.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
I wonder reading this whether Vitus themselves are aware of the quality of customer service offered by their exclusive direct sales partner. I guess the fact the limited production volume regularly sells out overshadows other considerations and of course they have other bikes besides the emtbs which probably have lower warranty claims. Personally if I was dissatisfied with service from a retailer/ direct sales outlet I would direct my complaints to the manufacturer rather than broadcast here.
Hi Mike

I agree, and we (the multiple members of the club who own the Vitus) have contacted the supplier (who own Vitus), the motor manufacturers distributor and the motor manufacturer. Both the motor manufacturer and distributor have been extremely helpful.

So as I said, it is not a witch hunt, but if I was looking to spend money on a new bike now I'd want to know and made aware of the customer service issues.

Just as Rob pointed out in his podcast yesterday.

Cheers

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Well as previously stated I've had nowt but great customer care from wiggle.
Sometimes need prodding but overall great.
I wonder if the first batch of bike's / motors etc are getting to a premature end of life at the same time and they're overwhelmed with claims now.
Still luv my e sommet although I do keep looking for a shinier stone then talk myself out of it.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
Well as previously stated I've had nowt but great customer care from wiggle.
Sometimes need prodding but overall great.
I wonder if the first batch of bike's / motors etc are getting to a premature end of life at the same time and they're overwhelmed with claims now.
Still luv my e sommet although I do keep looking for a shinier stone then talk myself out of it.
We ALL love our E-Sommets! ?

I think that's part of the frustration. An absolutely fantastic bike. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles