Chain links tight and skipping after 93 miles

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Noticed at 70 miles my chain kept skipping. Checked, I have a very tight link. I have oiled well before and after rides. But it’s got tighter. Did the YouTube chain twist but it hasn’t helped.
Any ideas would be appreciated?
Trance Pro 3 2019 Model

Shifty

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Might need a chain breaker tool to push the rivet in/out a bit to loosen the stiff link. Either that or your supplying dealer should fix it for you under warranty.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Might need a chain breaker tool to push the rivet in/out a bit to loosen the stiff link. Either that or your supplying dealer should fix it for you under warranty.
Cheers I just found my chain tool and just as I was putting it on to the chain it decided to loosen up! Must have known the threat was coming !!!
I will take it on my next ride.
Thank you

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Are you sure its the chain skipping? I thought the same but it was my rear hub starting to let go.....makes a similar clunk but louder[/QUOTE
Yes, I ran the chain backwards through the derailleur by hand and you can see where the chain wasn’t tight to the lower jockey wheel as it wasn’t bending at the link joint.

6772C012-ECFB-44BB-954F-EE5EFAB18D95.jpeg

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
SOLVED- I used a chain link remover tool and nudged the pin with it in the tight link. It freed it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles