cassette and driver swap on trance e+ 2020

federic0

Apr 5, 2020
Italy
hi all
i got those wheels on my trance e+ 2020 3

Giant AM 27.5 Aluminum Tubeless 27.5" Wheelset

i would like to swap the cassette from PG-1210 to XG-1275 but this one only installs on SRAM XD Driver.
the wheel has now a standard Shimano driver, so the question is: can i also install the SRAM XD Driver on my wheel? which brand/model?

thanks for any suggestion you may have

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
It is a Giant hub on your wheel (even if is it made by another company and rebranded) so only your Giant dealer can tell you if the XD driver is available for it.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
hi all
i got those wheels on my trance e+ 2020 3

Giant AM 27.5 Aluminum Tubeless 27.5" Wheelset

i would like to swap the cassette from PG-1210 to XG-1275 but this one only installs on SRAM XD Driver.
the wheel has now a standard Shimano driver, so the question is: can i also install the SRAM XD Driver on my wheel? which brand/model?

thanks for any suggestion you may have
What's your dealer say? I can only find that the trance e+ has been spec'd with the standard shimano and microspline hubs. Even the pro-0 spec'd with the AXS system uses the pg1230 cassette, which rides on a standard shimano free hub.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I dont find any Trances spec'd with the XD driver.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
a Local bike shop sold me a complete wheel set, with cassette, and disks, for under $400. They are are Mavic EX630 rims with Deore Hubs and disks. It is very nice to have extra wheels, ready to go, in your spares kit. This is at least an option worth looking into

Delihustler

Jan 6, 2020
Mid Wales
I have the same wheels, I emailed Giant about changing the driver, they said no it can't be changed to xd or microdrive. In the end I swapped the whole drivetrain for 11 speed xt. Best thing I've done to my Trance e+3.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles