Carry a spare Levo battery

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
Just an update from a pervious topic on which back pack would carry a spare Levo battery. I purchased the EVOC FR Lite below. Apart from being the correct size it has a really robust fitting system which easily carries the weight of the battery against your body. Tried and tested over a solid 6hr Enduro !!

IMG_1804.jpg

I wear a full back protector within my shirt so I removed the standard one. Industrial strength Velcro on each battery and also inside the pack was added.

IMG_1805.jpg

A local make and mend shop stitched the extra Velcro band for good measure.

IMG_1806.jpg

All hidden behind the bladder compartment ( if required )

IMG_1807.jpg

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I saw and bought this one recommended on another post Hazard 4 Part C - I’ll post some pics tomorrow. Battery is also a perfect fit but I need to sort a back guard out.

It also doesn’t have a waist strap which I didn’t think I’d like but in practice the bag doesn’t move at all on a ride (it has a chest strap) but to be fair that was only a short test ride. I still need to test it properly...

I liked it for its slim profile.

I found a UK store too if anyone is interested.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
@Highflyer just out of interest, what are the two bits of velcro (?) on your battery for in the pics above?

Are they for attaching in the bag or on the bike?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
They stop the battery sliding around in the back pack during rough trials.

and now I go back to your original post I note you had already said that and I can see the opposing velcro in the bag - sorry for being s l o w .....

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just testing this at the moment. Very well designed bag, loads of features. Expensive, but getting a whole load of bag for your money. Will have a review out at some point!

DSCF6614.jpg

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Just testing this at the moment. Very well designed bag, loads of features. Expensive, but getting a whole load of bag for your money. Will have a review out at some point!

View attachment 3177

I've got one of those too Rob but it's a big old bag just for the battery! - I agree though, it has loads going for it.... I 'cut' the bottom out of the built in battery holder to get the levo battery to fit

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
I felt it was overkill just for a battery case ! With the imminent arrival of THE BOX from Danny I chose the FR Lite just as a stop gap.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Just an update from a pervious topic on which back pack would carry a spare Levo battery. I purchased the EVOC FR Lite below. Apart from being the correct size it has a really robust fitting system which easily carries the weight of the battery against your body. Tried and tested over a solid 6hr Enduro !!

View attachment 3165

I wear a full back protector within my shirt so I removed the standard one. Industrial strength Velcro on each battery and also inside the pack was added.

View attachment 3166

A local make and mend shop stitched the extra Velcro band for good measure.

View attachment 3167

All hidden behind the bladder compartment ( if required )

View attachment 3168

Can you still fit a full bladder in the bag at the same time as the battery?

yes

View attachment 3177 [mmmm I wonder what bike that is??

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
These are all interesting solutions, unfortunately it’s not practical in Southern California with the heat to transport a spare battery and 3L of water on your back. Time to move north

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
I saw and bought this one recommended on another post Hazard 4 Part C - I’ll post some pics tomorrow. Battery is also a perfect fit but I need to sort a back guard out.

It also doesn’t have a waist strap which I didn’t think I’d like but in practice the bag doesn’t move at all on a ride (it has a chest strap) but to be fair that was only a short test ride. I still need to test it properly...

I liked it for its slim profile.

I found a UK store too if anyone is interested.

@Stumpy You got the link to a UK store please ? I might be interested in one myself, thanks for recommending.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
@Stumpy You got the link to a UK store please ? I might be interested in one myself, thanks for recommending.

Sure, it’s this one - having used it quite a lot now, I think it does need a waist strap adding (I’m going to reuse one from an old bag and get the local dry cleaner to stitch it on). It’s ok on normal trails but with the weight of the battery it can move over jumps.

I’d still recommend it though. I even use my old camel back bladder in it which works well.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I got my EVOC FR Trail bag today. It is way too big for me to be practical. I feel like I am getting ready to do a space walk when I put it on.
If I was going to carry two batteries than this might be the bag I would take.
16AB8FE7-838B-444E-99D2-377A24FFF31C.jpeg

It’s a really nice bag that will be my new airline carry on.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I got my EVOC FR Trail bag today. It is way too big for me to be practical. I feel like I am getting ready to do a space walk when I put it on.
If I was going to carry two batteries than this might be the bag I would take.
View attachment 3744
It’s a really nice bag that will be my new airline carry on.
Aww bugger. It is a long pack but I don't mind it too much. Then again, I'm used to carrying much larger packs for a day job (climbing guide) so my views might be tainted . . . .

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Aww bugger. It is a long pack but I don't mind it too much. Then again, I'm used to carrying much larger packs for a day job (climbing guide) so my views might be tainted . . . .
In the high 90s this is going to be bit much

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
If you are carrying a second battery for the Levo, does the mission control or BLEVO app recognize the new battery or do you have to change settings when switching batteries?

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
If you are carrying a second battery for the Levo, does the mission control or BLEVO app recognize the new battery or do you have to change settings when switching batteries?
BLEvo has just been updated to allow for this.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
has anyone got the E-ride version yet or is not released for sale yet?
Silverfish have sold and not supplying Evoc in the future the new UK Distributer is Zyrofisher - but they dont list a phone number or the bag!!!

Last edited:

Robert5280

May 19, 2020
Lakewood Co
I felt it was overkill just for a battery case ! With the imminent arrival of THE BOX from Danny I chose the FR Lite just as a stop gap.
Can you explain what you mean with "the imminent arrival of THE BOX from Danny"?
Which "BOX"? Which Danny? Did "it" arrive? What does it do?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles