• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Canyon Spectral On 8.0 problem

Radubikeman

Oct 16, 2019
Romania
Hey everyoane,
I just bought this amazing Canyon Spectral ON 8.0 few days ago with 900 k on it.
Today while riding it i couldn t turn engage the motor from off mode .my left controlers stoped working.i has an Shimano steps e8000 on it.
The system start s with no problem but i can t switch to any assistance mode.
Any help really neded.
Sorry for my bad english.

20191022_172055.jpg

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
First and most easy remedy could be this. Switch the bike off and unplug / reinsert the switch cable from the information display. That could be just a simple loose cable issue.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I’m just thinking out loud but I would try putting the switch cable in a different port, maybe change it for the other controller as it sounds as if the power switch is the likely problem.

Radubikeman

Oct 16, 2019
Romania
Nice vid, did you try what I said?
Also what’s going on with your knuckles, do you beat up small people for a living or have you come off the bike which maybe the cause of the problem? ;)
:)) thats paint from my workplace.
I have tried in a different port but the problem persisits.i have checked the cable that makes the conection between display and control unit and it seems to be perfect.
I suspect the control unit .

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
Seems like there's no signal from the switch to the display. When you disconnected the wire from the display did you check for any dirt in the connection, and did it go back in with a "click" feeling?

Did you connect the e-tube phone app? Will that let you in to see if the bike thinks there's a switch attached?

Radubikeman

Oct 16, 2019
Romania
Seems like there's no signal from the switch to the display. When you disconnected the wire from the display did you check for any dirt in the connection, and did it go back in with a "click" feeling?

Did you connect the e-tube phone app? Will that let you in to see if the bike thinks there's a switch attached?
There was no dirt in it.yes it did make 'click' in both display and switch port.

And no, i don t have or used the app..
Does it help to remove the switch from the handlebar and take the cover off?

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
Get the E-tube app to your phone and you see does the system recognize the switch or not. If not then it's possible that you have a faulty switch unit. If you do not want to install the app or go to a bike shop then find another bike with same switch and connect it to your unit briefly for a test.

Radubikeman

Oct 16, 2019
Romania
Get the E-tube app to your phone and you see does the system recognize the switch or not. If not then it's possible that you have a faulty switch unit. If you do not want to install the app or go to a bike shop then find another bike with same switch and connect it to your unit briefly for a test.
I tried to connect to the app but to do that i have to select Bluetooth LE from the shimano display and i can not because the switch doesn t work.i can t scroll through the menu without it.
Tomorow (friday) i will go to a nearby service point to figure it out.
Thanks

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
Apologies if I’m misunderstanding the issue but something like that that happened to me after a prang ( mode switch moved but didn’t change mode) Try rotating the mode lever towards you, it may be that it’s hitting the brake and therefore even though youre pushing it it isn’t going back far enough to actually ”click” properly, look underneath small black Allen I think then you can swivel the mode lever toward you

Radubikeman

Oct 16, 2019
Romania
Apologies if I’m misunderstanding the issue but something like that that happened to me after a prang ( mode switch moved but didn’t change mode) Try rotating the mode lever towards you, it may be that it’s hitting the brake and therefore even though youre pushing it it isn’t going back far enough to actually ”click” properly, look underneath small black Allen I think then you can swivel the mode lever toward you

Hey thanks for the advice i have just checked that and it goes all the way down doesn t hit anything.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles