Canyon release 2022 EP8 ebikes - New Torque:ON and revised Spectral:ON

Ok, so you Will pay the Old exchange rate even if it’s far too much? (Not that the bikes are that interesting longer with their outdated geo, but still pretty bad if that’s the case)
Probably German VAT vs Swedish VAT. Same thing if you order something from Amazon.de - when checking out you will probably see a different price from the mayor retailers.

Could also have to do with bad exchange rates as you say. I recently bought a Gopro from their website and the higher VAT did not explain the hefty price difference.

A combination of the 2 above, I would say.

Endurip

Jan 9, 2021
Sweden
Probably German VAT vs Swedish VAT. Same thing if you order something from Amazon.de - when checking out you will probably see a different price from the mayor retailers.

Could also have to do with bad exchange rates as you say. I recently bought a Gopro from their website and the higher VAT did not explain the hefty price difference.

A combination of the 2 above, I would say.
No that’s not the case. 1 euro is 10 sek. 4499 is 45 400 sek.

Stasjminister

Mar 2, 2021
Norway
Just adding in info that I could not find myself online. Had to buy the spectral:eek:n (<--funny.. should be spectral : on) 8 to find out :)
The USB supplies enough power to quick charge a phone or drive a proper light. With a ZY12PDN to convert to the voltage you need.
The rear shock has a standard 0.4 volume spacer fitted. Coming to the front one in a couple of days when the rear is tuned.

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
My CF7 gave up after about 55km of riding, with fault code E01020. I had to take the bike to a local Canyon mechanic. They said that they had to send diagnostic data to shimano in order to find out what needs to be done. I hope that whatever is needed isn't on 6 month backorder, fingers crossed :cry:.

Also the USB port was dead from the get go. So that also needs to be fixed.

These are covered by the warranty, of course, but I'm sad that I can't ride the new bike. I'm glad that I still have my non ebike that I can ride.

EDIT: The motor will be replaced. They have in stock so probaly won't be a long wait. (y)

Last edited:

RAG

Mar 16, 2021
UK
My CF7 gave up after about 55km of riding, with fault code E01020. I had to take the bike to a local Canyon mechanic. They said that they had to send diagnostic data to shimano in order to find out what needs to be done. I hope that whatever is needed isn't on 6 month backorder, fingers crossed :cry:.

Also the USB port was dead from the get go. So that also needs to be fixed.

These are covered by the warranty, of course, but I'm sad that I can't ride the new bike. I'm glad that I still have my non ebike that I can ride.

EDIT: The motor will be replaced. They have in stock so probaly won't be a long wait. (y)

Just a note ref the USB port, I thought mine was faulty when I got the bike but it’s powered off the light circuit on the motor, you may need to turn the light on via the display (even though it doesn’t have a light) this will power up the USB port.

I hope you get the bike back quickly ??

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
Just a note ref the USB port, I thought mine was faulty when I got the bike but it’s powered off the light circuit on the motor, you may need to turn the light on via the display (even though it doesn’t have a light) this will power up the USB port.

I hope you get the bike back quickly ??

I have tried turning the light on and off, does not work. I measured with multimeter that the light connection has voltage when light is on. So the usb unit is dead.

san822

May 25, 2020
Germany
does anybody know the bushing size for the damper of the torque:eek:n? if i measure im unsure if its 21,8mm or 22mm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles