Canyon Breakaway sale

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
It’s here!?.

Battery in place on bike for shipment. Nice little package supplied including shock pump, Canyons basic but ok torque wrench and selection of torx, flat and crosshead bits, and some replacement tag seals, presumably in case of need to return.

Some observations for others expecting delivery. It was delivered on a large curtain side lorry, so make sure you have access for such. Driver only, no mate. We only wanted it brought in to our garage, but driver said they are not allowed to carry the box inside at all due to a prior claim for damage to a wall. Not a biggy for moving straight into a garage, but it is quite a large box and needs two people to move it due to the box size and needs space around it to remove the tags and locking rings if delivering into a house.

The box was damaged, a couple of minor tears where lifted and, I’m guessing a part of the upper inside edge of the box folded down when Canyon put the lid on in Germany. It was also missing one security tag. Europa, or DHL, had dragged or pushed the box resulting centre support on the base being torn out to the side (making movement more difficult) but this is only a cardboard sudo pallet so no issue to packaging, just a pain to have to check under the box before signing etc.

Hope this is useful.

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
you've had it for 3+ hours. you should have been up and down the railway line at least 10 times by now:)

It doesn’t have a front wheel yet, although that may not be necessary for the railway ?, but I think I probably need to fit the handlebars?. Not sure if the battery has any charge!

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
Battery completely flat, kind of out of step with the storage instructions, but maybe discharged for safe shipping!

Battery manual supplied in Spanish only, but it is straightforward from the diagrams and I’m sure that I could get an English set online from Shimano if necessary.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles