Can't start my Turbo Levo 2019

rese079

Mar 27, 2019
Switzerland
Hi there

Was on a ride on sunday, the bike switched off two times. Could start i both times immediatley. Pluged it at home, fully charged it, and then couldn't start it again. When I close the Power Plug (the thing that i have to close after I pluged the cable on :)), the TCU beeps, the lights flasheds shortly, than its' getting dark again and nothing happens. The battery should be fully charged (there are four green lights at the motor). I openend the TCU and mentioned some water drops in it. Tried to try it, waited one day, changed the little battery inside, but its still not working. Can it be the TCU, because of the water? Can I do something by myself? My bike dealer is of course just this week on holidays, he never was the whole year :) Thanks for any input!

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi @rese079 - sorry to hear this. When you press the power button on the TCU does anything happen? What about if you disconnect the battery connector for 30 seconds or so and then try again?

If there is still no response, can you check the battery status LEDs when the bike is fully connected and you attempt to switch on? If there are any LEDs showing please describe which are lit and whether they are flashing or not?

rese079

Mar 27, 2019
Switzerland
Hi and thank you for your response!
I took out the battery and I released the two cables which are connected to the TCU.
I had two different cases:
1st: I close the Power Plug, the LED's on the TCU where starting up, all where lit (no flashing), above was Trail Mode. After a few seconds all got dark. Pressing the power button on the TCU doesnt changed anything BUT, pressing the arrows on the handlebar (where I normaly switch between Trail, Eco, Turbo Mode), the LED's where lit again. The bike was connected over the Mission Control app, System Status was ok. The trail mode was also working, I tried to drive and the engine was working like it does in trail mode. I couldn't switch to eco or turbo. Also after 10 seconds or so, the leds gone away, by pressing the arrows on the handlebar they where lit again. After a few minutes, all dissapeared, i wasnt connected to the Mission Control app, no lights, no engine.

2nd: I opened the Power Plug, waited a few second, closed it. The LED's on the TCU where starting up, all lit, no flashing. Above was trail mode, after a few seconds Turbo Mode. After a few seconds all got dark, the LED's where starting up, all lit, Trail Mode, after a few Seconds Turbo mode, and that again and again. Pressing the arrows on the handlebar doesn't changed anything. To the mission control app, one time connected, the other time not. Engine was one time there, the other time not. After a few minutes all shut off again.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Will send you a PM to see if there's anything else we can see from our end when you connected via Mission Control. The only other thing you can try is to check the Rosenberger (battery) connector plug to ensure that this is clean, the spring clips are not stuck, no metallic debris stuck to the plug or socket, the plastic guide fins in the battery socket are straight (not bent or broken).

If this doesn't solve it then I believe you will need to let your retailer look at the bike - sorry about that - they'll work with our support teams to isolate the issue and replace parts where necessary.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles