Cannondale Moterra 2 and LT2 2018

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Hi Mac - I have had some trouble with mine at around 350 miles - which I have narrowed down to the sensor wire being crushed. I have put an update in the bosch thread.

Basically I had an intermittent loss of speed sensing - which causes power reduction to "limp home" mode which feels like about 10% and is useless on hills!

While I wait for my new wire to arrive I will experiment to find the best routing to avoid crushing - which I think is happening when the suspension is compressed making the wire go tight- but I will confirm for sure in the next day or 2.

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
Thanks. I'll give the cables a check up when the bike arrives. I got my load from the energy saving trust approved today so just waiting for the cash to enter my account so I can pay the rest of the bike. I should have it for Christmas at the worst hopefully.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
When I spoke to Rutland Cycles they mention that there has been a modification for my issue - but didnt tell me what it is, and there are no recalls for it but as it doesnt affect safety there never will be!

Turns out mine was being crushed, caught by the black alloy "SI mount" cover, so I am experimenting with flipping the sensor and taking the same routing as the brake hose.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
12 speed? Not according to that link.
1546880332778.png

Edit: OK, the website is misleading.

I thought you only needed 3 anyway? How's the Sturmey Archer hub gear conversion coming along? ;)

Last edited:

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Sturmey Archer? Old news - he’s gone full fixie now, gears and freehubs are for wusses... ;)

Last edited:

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
What you worried about? Not sure fox factory make bad shocks? I'm having a ball on my 2018 LT1.
I've not made a video with it yet as I don't want to complicate my rides. I'm just enjoying smashing things and then peddling back up stuff I'd have pushed previously.

20190204_163843.jpg

lucafamlonga

Feb 5, 2019
italy , tuscany
What you worried about? Not sure fox factory make bad shocks? I'm having a ball on my 2018 LT1.
I've not made a video with it yet as I don't want to complicate my rides. I'm just enjoying smashing things and then peddling back up stuff I'd have pushed previously.

View attachment 10563
My model doesn't mount Fox ! But Rock shock Monarch Plus Debon air on the rear and lyrick rct3 on the front :( I can't find the 2018 model !

HolM8

Aug 14, 2019
Germany
Hello from Germany,
I'm a complete noob to this topic. I tried to read a lot of stuff but now I'm even more confused.

Currently I’m looking for my first emtb.
I would like to buy a fully for cross-country, easy trails (maybe later harder trails) and commuting to work, but the choice of different brands and models confuses me.
Here in Germany everyone is recommending Cube.
Since I’m looking for something special, I found the Cannondale Monterra 2 for 2750€ with 2 years warranty, brand new from a merchant.
Cannondale Moterra 2 2019, E-MTB | E-Bike | Fahrräder
I know it’s a bit older model (first release was in ~2017).
Now I’m wondering whether you would still recommend the Moterra 2 or would you recommend buying a 2019 model (e.g. Cube Stereo Hybrid 120 Model 2019) for like 100€ more (~2880€)?
In my opinion the Moterra 2 looks pretty good if I compare the components with the Cube, especially for the 2750€.

In several shops I can find it for the original price of 3999€.
In my opinion a "2 year old bike" (original price 3999€) is better than a new model with the original price of 3100€ (e.g. the cube)?

Or maybe a completely different bike?

Thanks for you help!

Greetings

Last edited:

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
I have the Monterra LT SE. It's brilliant for me. I got it for £3000. A top spec bike that was listed at about £6000 when it came out. I don't think the innovation in ebikes have taken many worthwhile leaps in the last couple of years so I was happy with the older frame design.
I like that the old design was function over form. It kept the battery low while looking a bit ugly to many.
I like that it uses the old style batteries. Allowing us to buy spare used batteries from huge amount of Etouring bikes around.
I'd have to pay double to get the new top Cannondale Ebike. It would have the new battery integrated frame design. I don't really see any performance upgrades, as the new top bike also comes in at 24kg even with a motor that apparently weighs 2kg less?
There is a lot of innovation claims in the Ebike world. I believe that they are mostly hype and aesthetics, they don't perform any better than my old 2017 bike.

bike.jpg

Golspie Black.jpg

Tat0

Dec 30, 2019
Italy
I have one moterra 1 (black and green) 2018 and i like to ride it a lot. Good suspension etc.
I really dont like the aspect, it's quite orrible but for me this is not important.

I had also a hibike xduro with integrated battery with better "aspect" but i sold it for a new bike for next year (orbea)

2650€ is a really good price, go for it!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles