Cannondale Moterra 2

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
can i ask what mudguards you are using ?
They are Rapid Racer Products Proguards.

I had the Proguard Bolt On Standard on my Jekyll which had Fox 36 and I must admit it looked a lot cleaner than the cable ties.
On the Moterra I’m running the Proguard Max, which is slightly longer than the Standard. It’s really good, so much so that I can ride with a GoPro on a chesty mount and the amount of spray flicking up on the lens in my opinion has been reduced by about 80%. However I did find during the summer the front did tend pick up stones. Doesn't seem to happen as much in the wet though.

The rear does nothing to keep spray off you. the only reason I fitted it was to try and limit the amount of gunk getting thrown into the pivot bearings. I think it does a pretty reasonable job of this. I was riding a wet Peaslake yesterday and afterwards the bike was filthy but around the shock and pivot points The gunk level was reduced so I think it’s doing it’s job.

Last edited:

Techno

Oct 18, 2020
dartford
They are Rapid Racer Products Proguards.

I had the Proguard Bolt On Standard on my Jekyll which had Fox 36 and I must admit it looked a lot cleaner than the cable ties.
On the Moterra I’m running the Proguard Max, which is slightly longer than the Standard. It’s really good, so much so that I can ride with a GoPro on a chesty mount and the amount of spray flicking up on the lens in my opinion has been reduced by about 80%. However I did find during the summer the front did tend pick up stones. Doesn't seem to happen as much in the wet though.

The rear does nothing to keep spray off you. the only reason I fitted it was to try and limit the amount of gunk getting thrown into the pivot bearings. I think it does a pretty reasonable job of this. I was riding a wet Peaslake yesterday and afterwards the bike was filthy but around the shock and pivot points The gunk level was reduced so I think it’s doing it’s job.
I think ill order the front one , and source a different rear.thanks fella !

Techno

Oct 18, 2020
dartford
I thought id chip in, ive got the 2021 moterra 3, and im really pleased with it. Its a nice fit, im 5'11" and ive got a large. It seems well built, with a nice selection of parts fitted.The only pita ive found so far was the dropper post, i had to remove the motor to get the outer post to go to the bottom of the frame, as the operating cable wouldnt go down as the motor was in the way.For the money id like to have seen a better display than the purion.But i guess its made to be a downhill racer, so minimal is the way.The brakes are a peach with 4 pot sram system fitted with massive rotors.You have to learn to use emtb mode and back off the leg power, give it a sec, then change gear, this is down to the motor still applying the power after youve backed off, otherwise its a crunchy affair and i can see something letting go, changing gear under power.forks and rear shock work well together.I'll put some more miles on shortly and report back, but so far so good, it rides really peachy.

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
Must admit a 170mm dropper on an XL would‘ve been better, but something to upgrade. More than likely I’ll go AXS. I’ve already got the AXS gears. At the moment they are on my Jekyll but as soon as the cable starts stretching and needs adjustment on the Moterra it’s getting whipped off.

To me the Purion display is kinda Meh, it does what it needs to do but it will never win a design award. It would be nice if Bosch had a smaller display like Shimano or no display like Specialized or if Cannondale had designed the frame to accept the Kiox display mounted on the top tube like the Trek Rail. Not to keen on having it mounted on the stem,. Just kinda looks like it’s gonna get damaged at some point.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles