Cannondale Moterra 2

Timn1243

Dec 20, 2019
Staffordshire
Test rode a rail and was also looking at the monterra 2. Spec are very similar and so is the geometry. Can anyone who has got or has riden the monterra give me an overview of your experiences.

Errol1098

Jul 8, 2018
Sydney Australia
I've had one for a couple of months and done about 450 klms on it now. I really like it but it's my first E-MTB so no comparisons really. I bought it sight unseen (other than internet photos and spec sheets) and didn't ride or look at anything else as I got it at the "right price" and have had normal Cannondale MTBs before so happy with the brand and being 58 and fat my hair raising days of belting down hills at warp speed are over, i leave that for MX bikes and had a few dislocations recently. My wife got the Moterra 3 as she didn't want the same colour as me and she loves hers as well. Everything works as it should, suspension is nice, motor is great, brakes are really good and fit and finish of the bike is top notch. Due to lockdown here in Australia haven't really gone too far but have done a mix of trails and road / bike tracks but once we can travel will be taking it to Thredbo and Stromlo for a better work out. I'd highly recommend it but I'm a basic rider just out having fun. Hope that helps

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
We dont see many owners of them on here, not sure why as they are a cracking bike with some great components on some of the models, and they have clearly put a lot of thought into the latest range, e.g 220mm rotors, low down battery placement to give good weight distribution. I guess not that many dealers stock them.

Timn1243

Dec 20, 2019
Staffordshire
Thanks for your replies. There does appear to be a lot of investment in the new Monterra with the integration of the newer bosch motor.

RonJ.

Oct 20, 2019
Netherlands
Have the Moterra 2 for 3 months now 1000km.
I live in the Netherlands, before I had a Scott Genius 920.
We don,t have real mountains here but some small hills with nice tracks.
I bought it because of its carbon frame instead of the E-Genius.
The bike feels really well en not much different to the Genius.
I like to ride natural flow trails and some blue downhill tracks in Austria and Germany.
Because off the lock down only rode it here in the Netherlands.
The only thing I don,t like is the restriction at 25 kmh this is law I know but 30 kmh would be a lot better.
For the warranty I don,t want to tune it.
My shop did some changes on the tyre size but it stops at 25 kmh.
I did not see much Moterra s here.
Regards Ron.

Timn1243

Dec 20, 2019
Staffordshire
Have the Moterra 2 for 3 months now 1000km.
I live in the Netherlands, before I had a Scott Genius 920.
We don,t have real mountains here but some small hills with nice tracks.
I bought it because of its carbon frame instead of the E-Genius.
The bike feels really well en not much different to the Genius.
I like to ride natural flow trails and some blue downhill tracks in Austria and Germany.
Because off the lock down only rode it here in the Netherlands.
The only thing I don,t like is the restriction at 25 kmh this is law I know but 30 kmh would be a lot better.
For the warranty I don,t want to tune it.
My shop did some changes on the tyre size but it stops at 25 kmh.
I did not see much Moterra s here.
Regards Ron.

Thanks Ron,
We also have the same speed limit in the UK and the increase would be an improvement but all the bikes are the same in that respect. You are correct there is very little activity regarding debate on the Monterra. As I said I test rode a Trek rail and enjoyed that but with the carboned framed cannondale coming it at the same price point with very similar geometry and specification I was tempted. Unfortunatley although the local dealer sells them they haven't got a demo bike. Tim

RonJ.

Oct 20, 2019
Netherlands
I bought it from the specs and didn't test it.
Untill no regrets.
My first e-bike and I love it.
Still ride my hardtail Apex when riding flat with my friends.
Hardtail is faster on the flat tracks around my house.

CannonRob

May 14, 2020
NT Australia
New owner here from Down Under. Still waiting to pick up my Moterra 2 in a couple of weeks and when I do I'll let you know what I think of the XL framed bike. I'm a novice e-bike owner so it would be from a beginners uninformed perspective. If you're after an experienced riders view then check out the Loam Wolf's first impressions video just released on youtube (if you haven't already).

Donn

May 15, 2020
UK
What about the Moterra SE model anyone tried? i believe its really good compering with the Kenevo, I have not tried one but thinking to get, love Bosch motor.

RonJ.

Oct 20, 2019
Netherlands
New owner here from Down Under. Still waiting to pick up my Moterra 2 in a couple of weeks and when I do I'll let you know what I think of the XL framed bike. I'm a novice e-bike owner so it would be from a beginners uninformed perspective. If you're after an experienced riders view then check out the Loam Wolf's first impressions video just released on youtube (if you haven't already).

The review from the Loam Wolf,s is the first of the Moterra 2 I have seen.
Good review and just like they say a all friends bike.
Nice website.
Still very happy with my bike(y)(y)

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I suspect the fact the looks of the original Monterra were an “acquired taste” ;) probably hasn’t helped the newer model. It also seems very short (425mm reach in a medium) by modern standards...

693818B3-CC0F-4910-A776-A07004CE2713.png
...so the shorter travel Habit has more contemporary geometry - if I was going for a Crack-n-fail that would be my personal choice.

Last edited:

Gspot

Jul 28, 2019
NW
Anyone see the NEW Moterra? Back to Shimano motor (7000) 75 Nm? It is also Class 3 (28 mph). :unsure:

CannonRob

May 14, 2020
NT Australia
IMG_1290.JPG

Had it now for a couple of months and 200kms and really like how it handles. XL frame and I've replaced the handlebar with one that had a 30mm riser to help lift the front wheel over obstacles. Still playing around with tyre pressures and suspension settings but each day I ride it the more confidence in its handling I get. The word I'd use to describe it going on some mild DH runs is that it's "planted". :) A combined weight of rider and bike of 135kgs may have something to do with that. :cool:

Kentish

Nov 5, 2019
Kent
They tested one in the June issue of Electric Mountain Bike Action Magazine. (thats a mouthful!).

They seemed to like it.

I tried to share the article, but it doesn’t want to let me. Sorry.

If you go to the app I think you can buy and download 1 magazine.

I’ve put a screenshot of their verdict below. No idea if it will be legible or not though. ?

942389B0-7241-44D3-BB63-0650F665E198.png

F5B50CB6-21ED-4579-BF27-D23FFC24C070.png

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
Rode mine at Cannock today. Railing uphill berms on the switchback climbs is something that‘s never occurred In all my years of riding, but is strangely addictive.
Again laughed the whole way round and would’ve done another loop if I didn’t need to get home. Slight downer, my pedal strike at swinley on Tuesday didn’t just write off a pedal, the crank are is bent. So Hope E-MTB 155mm cranks ordered.

EB83E6DC-7612-4AE4-94D6-185DCD97D42C.jpeg

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
Rode mine at Cannock today. Railing uphill berms on the switchback climbs is something that‘s never occurred In all my years of riding, but is strangely addictive.
Again laughed the whole way round and would’ve done another loop if I didn’t need to get home. Slight downer, my pedal strike at swinley on Tuesday didn’t just write off a pedal, the crank are is bent. So Hope E-MTB 155mm cranks ordered.

View attachment 35738

Ain’t it great?! Uphills as exhilarating as downhills haha!!!!?

kbass24emtp

Dec 27, 2019
St. Louis
I have had mine for about two months now and put 180 miles on it and love it. I did put a Megneg can upgrade on the rear shock and finally got it dialed in. Having a blast on it.

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
Great Day a BikePark Wales’s yesterday. Throughly enjoyed the climbs, done 5 and had 2 bar of battery left at the end. If I’d had a decent sleep the night before I could’ve done a few more.
it was a different experience there this time on an emtb. It was definitely less stop start.

8B94C269-A455-4819-9336-9BE74026CFD0.jpeg

Techno

Oct 18, 2020
dartford
Great Day a BikePark Wales’s yesterday. Throughly enjoyed the climbs, done 5 and had 2 bar of battery left at the end. If I’d had a decent sleep the night before I could’ve done a few more.
it was a different experience there this time on an emtb. It was definitely less stop start.

View attachment 36639
can i ask what mudguards you are using ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles