Cannock demo day

Chez

Jun 13, 2018
North Wales-Shropshire
Cannock demo day motor testing,
Well just got back from the demo day and what a day !
One of the best days I’ve had on a bike, tested 7 bikes and tried all types of motor except Bosch which I have .
Decided shimano was my favourite motor , liked the brose but not the bike (felt like I was siting on top of bike didn’t feel part of it )didn’t like the Yamaha which I thought I would , the power came in so quick I found I was going through the gears really quick and not really getting anywhere, and felt a little unrefined . The Focus sam 2 I found myself riding the most aggressive which I loved along with the focus drifter , but the rate at which the battery depleted was surprising. The Merida 900 160 was a great bike loved the quality , but thought the Merida 120 was better value .
Favourite bike to ride Focus sam 2
Bike I would buy if the money didn’t matter Merida 900 160
Bike I might buy merida 900 120 unless I can check out the commercial or canyon

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I assume you were riding a Levo with the Brose motor? If so what model and what was it you didn't like as my wife Linda has one on order but hasn't tried one yet but Specialized are normally such a nice ride!

Chez

Jun 13, 2018
North Wales-Shropshire
It was the levo comp carbon this had 29” wheels which rode on the flat great , but the butcher grid tyres I found lacking grip and running wide in the corners , I was pushing on though .

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
It was the levo comp carbon this had 29” wheels which rode on the flat great , but the butcher grid tyres I found lacking grip and running wide in the corners , I was pushing on though .

Ahh ok that makes sense as I have read the Butcher tyres aren't great so I am having magic marys fitted for her instead but was the bike nice when the tyres weren't washing out :)

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Oh my non battery friends couldn't rave hard enough about the Merida 120. Or madiera as they called it. Ugly, heavy, poor spec but put the biggest smiles on their faces. I'm testing the 160 tomorrow off the back of their comments.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
The best bike of the weekend for me.....

20190324_105456.jpeg

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
The bike rode good but it did feel bigger than other large bikes I demonstrated . This might be the bottom bracket being a little higher
Did you notice what setting the flip chip was on? I have kept mine raised on 29” wheels but it will be a little higher because of that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles