Cannock Chase, Thursday July 18th

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I’m going to be heading over to the Chase on Thursday with my dad to do the Dog and Monkey, mostly interested in advice on the Monkey trail.

We’ve both done the Dog before but not the Monkey. I’m hoping my dad will be ok with it as I’ve read it’s more technical and difficult than the Dog, and he’s not as confident on the trails as I am.

If anyone will be around there of course, very welcome to join us if you can put up with the slow pace ?

Last edited:

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
There are a couple of sections on the Monkee that are a step up in difficulty from the Dog: mainly narrower, but nothing that's not rollable. Avoid the 2 or 3 short black options mid way around if your dad's less confident, as these are rightly a further step up.
Dog and Monkee are a great combination of trails.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
That was a great ride today lol, even met a guy asking questions about my bike saying his mate Mark (didn’t ask if it was @Mad Mark ?) had a more expensive emtb but he was on a budget.

Hopefully the video comes out better than my last one. I modified my rucksack strap so it wouldn’t flap across the GoPro lens lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles