Cane creek DB air

Pinch_flat

Jan 12, 2020
Derby, United Kingdom
I have just been told that the shock that came with the bike (super deluxe) has a large internal scratch and needs a warranty replacement, as I could be looking at a long wait for a replacement I'm thinking of putting a new shock on with the potential to sell one of them afterwards.
So, has anyone put a cane creek DB air on a large E sommet? Does it fit fine? How would you rate it over the stock shock?

Ona slightly different note, anyone know what the turn around time is from Sram at the moment?

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Not tried the Cane creek (and at £599 not likely to) but TF Tuned have the Rock shox rear shock in stock, also noticed they have the Marzocchi coil shock in the correct size for £329 ? but would it fit ?

Pinch_flat

Jan 12, 2020
Derby, United Kingdom
I've never been happy with the super deluxe, felt it always suffered with a lack of support and blew through its travel too easily - had to run it with the threshold set to firm to overcome this but hat made it harsh over small bumps so I'm reluctant to buy another one - was sent off to be serviced and tuned to try to improve it, then the fault found.

If there is a very long delay with warranty work from Sram (mixed reports some say they are very quick at the moment some say weeks or even months) then I'd need to buy a second shock and I've had a DB air on anything bike and it was incredible so as they are similar prices why would I buy the same again? Unless the DB doesn't fit!

Bagpu55

Feb 16, 2020
Stockport
I have found the canecreek really good on my analogue bike and a couple others I have tried it on. You have to put some work into setting it up right though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles