Can the e-sommet motor guard be purchased?

Lawson

Mar 11, 2019
UK
As above really, the e8000 motor has a bash guard of sorts that utilises the 2 bolts at the front of the frame.

The e7000 doesn't have this. Whilst I understand that it's different, and that it probably won't fit, I'd still like to get hold of one somehow. Any ideas please?

Screenshot_20190312_075033_com.whatsapp.jpg

frazerrobbo

Mar 7, 2019
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hey Lawson, did you ever get any response to this or make any progress on your own ?

I am also trying to get a hold of one of these bash plates and not making progress.

Currently waiting on a reply from CRC as the photo of the E7000 version on their website shows the bash guard comes as part of the bike and one of the other users on here posted photos of his E7000 bike delivered and it had a bash guard on it out of the box. I'm not happy as I've dinged my motor housing a few times and expect this part to be readily available for purchase or to be supplied as standard.

Let me know how your getting on with it ? in the meantime I just have a DIY bash guard made up from an old cut down maxxis tyre and some packing foam to absorb some of the impacts.

Cheers,
Fraz

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
Hey Lawson, did you ever get any response to this or make any progress on your own ?

I am also trying to get a hold of one of these bash plates and not making progress.

Currently waiting on a reply from CRC as the photo of the E7000 version on their website shows the bash guard comes as part of the bike and one of the other users on here posted photos of his E7000 bike delivered and it had a bash guard on it out of the box. I'm not happy as I've dinged my motor housing a few times and expect this part to be readily available for purchase or to be supplied as standard.

Let me know how your getting on with it ? in the meantime I just have a DIY bash guard made up from an old cut down maxxis tyre and some packing foam to absorb some of the impacts.

Cheers,
Fraz
I make proper bash guards which are only designed for the Merida E bikes but the Vitus use the same Shimano motor so they may fit or just need a slight tweak to make them fit.
If I can get someone to bring me their bike I can see if they will go on.
Alternatively someone could buy one and try and fit it. If it didn't fit I would refund their money when it was sent back.

IMG_3125.JPG

frazerrobbo

Mar 7, 2019
Aberdeen, Scotland
I make proper bash guards which are only designed for the Merida E bikes but the Vitus use the same Shimano motor so they may fit or just need a slight tweak to make them fit.
Alternatively someone could buy one and try and fit it. If it didn't fit I would refund their money when it was sent back.

View attachment 12373
I am very keen to try your guard. In fact I emailed you about it the other night but haven’t purchased from you yet as I’m waiting for CRC to see if they will supply the stock part.

Your guard looks great though and I reckon it could fit. Mine is the shimano E7000 but I’m not sure the T adapter is the same as the E8000 and also I suspect the bend in the bottom tube will be a different angle. Can your guard be ‘bent into shape’ with a heat gun?

Fraz

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
I am very keen to try your guard. In fact I emailed you about it the other night but haven’t purchased from you yet as I’m waiting for CRC to see if they will supply the stock part.

Your guard looks great though and I reckon it could fit. Mine is the shimano E7000 but I’m not sure the T adapter is the same as the E8000 and also I suspect the bend in the bottom tube will be a different angle. Can your guard be ‘bent into shape’ with a heat gun?

Fraz

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
The T bracket is specifically designed to fit the E8000 so without seeing an E7000 I can't say if it will fit. The guard can be bent with a heat gun but it's not easy due to how thick it is. I get them cut out and formed by a laser cutting company.

frazerrobbo

Mar 7, 2019
Aberdeen, Scotland
The T bracket is specifically designed to fit the E8000 so without seeing an E7000 I can't say if it will fit. The guard can be bent with a heat gun but it's not easy due to how thick it is. I get them cut out and formed by a laser cutting company.
RallySaloon,

Not sure where you are located to bring you my bike, but I'm up in Sunny Aberdeen in NE Scotland so chances are you are miles away from me.

Would you be able to send me a few measurements that I could check on my bike before I go ahead and spend cash on your bash guard.

1) measurement of the T peice insert section width of it and depth and i'll check against shimano e7000 (I have a feeling they are the same to be honest as I'm sure the bigger Vitus E Sommet is the exact same frame as my version. They just put the E8000 motor on the big boy VR edition and the E7000 on my variant,
2) The length of the bottom plate before the bend, and
3) Length of the downtube protector bit with the cable tie holes after the bend ?
4) The angle of the bend if its easy enough to measure (This is the bit im sure will vbe difference and so imagine i'd need to change the bend somehow, probs using heat gun.

btw - I saw the new improved rounded design of the guard you put on ebay. looks great!

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
RallySaloon,

Not sure where you are located to bring you my bike, but I'm up in Sunny Aberdeen in NE Scotland so chances are you are miles away from me.

Would you be able to send me a few measurements that I could check on my bike before I go ahead and spend cash on your bash guard.

1) measurement of the T peice insert section width of it and depth and i'll check against shimano e7000 (I have a feeling they are the same to be honest as I'm sure the bigger Vitus E Sommet is the exact same frame as my version. They just put the E8000 motor on the big boy VR edition and the E7000 on my variant,
2) The length of the bottom plate before the bend, and
3) Length of the downtube protector bit with the cable tie holes after the bend ?
4) The angle of the bend if its easy enough to measure (This is the bit im sure will vbe difference and so imagine i'd need to change the bend somehow, probs using heat gun.

btw - I saw the new improved rounded design of the guard you put on ebay. looks great!
I'd rather not send out dimensions for obvious reasons. It took a long time and many prototypes to get the design right.
I'm based in the Midlands but I do travel to Aviemore regularly to visit my Mum.
I'm up there at Easter next so we could meet somewhere between and I'll bring a guard etc to see how far off they are.
Alternatively if there is someone more local who could bring their bike I could measure it up.
One of my club mates had one until some low life stole it.

frazerrobbo

Mar 7, 2019
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'd rather not send out dimensions for obvious reasons. It took a long time and many prototypes to get the design right.
I'm based in the Midlands but I do travel to Aviemore regularly to visit my Mum.
I'm up there at Easter next so we could meet somewhere between and I'll bring a guard etc to see how far off they are.
Alternatively if there is someone more local who could bring their bike I could measure it up.
One of my club mates had one until some low life stole it.
Understood and fair enough.

If CRC don’t manage to supply me the stock Vitus part i’ll be in touch to try out your variant.

Cheers,
Fraz

Mossy71

Jan 18, 2021
Australia

View attachment 12373
Hi
I have a bmc which has the same motor just would like to know how much to have one sent to Australia

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles