can a internally routed seat post dropper be used on Embolden E+

Carajean

Aug 15, 2020
Michigan
does anyone know if I can run an internally routed seat post dropper or do I need an external one?
Im wondering the same thing. There is a rubber grommet on the tube by the head that Im assuming can route to the dropper post bottom through like the battery area. Being really lazy right now and dont want to go down to my bike.

djb

Aug 9, 2020
El Dorado, California
The same grommet my E-Trance uses for the dropper post is present on the Embolden. The one on the upper right side of the battery tube. Not sure how much work it will be to route the cable though.

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Cavi have you managed to fit one yet? My LBS just tried to fit one to my new 2021 Embolden E and have had to remove it as the seat post when extended is way too tall for me with the post fully inserted into the frame. I will have to research finding a shorter post, with maybe 65mm of travel.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I have not tried as my wife's will only arrive week 45 according to Giant, it is XS and that is apparently the last to arrive. As for the post, keep in mind you do not have to extend it all the way

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
they show a 80mm but ouch on the price

Can do better elsewhere, they must be RRPs or maybe old prices?

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
the specialized command post is 75mm , the dt swiss is less but it looks like the part that holds the seat is tall defeating the purpose

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
the specialized command post is 75mm , the dt swiss is less but it looks like the part that holds the seat is tall defeating the purpose

the amount of insertion is the real issue. When I collect it later I'll ask for that measurement. Then I can work out exactly which posts will suit.

I'll update here in case this helps other people. Although I have the small frame so will be different to the XS I'm assuming.

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
The EMBOLDEN E+ 1 is factory installed with a dropper. The giant dropper is a surprise performer I think.

Ah yes good point! I missed checking that because we only have the 2021 embolden e+2 on the website now, no dropper on it.

I'll measure my post up now with how much length I need - then can work out what fits. Thanks Mr T

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles