Can a coil shock be fitted in the limited space within the frame

Domj1234

Jan 5, 2019
Saints23
A heads up if anyone fits an ohlins coil shock. You have to remove the rebound adjuster as it'll strike on the frame close to when you bottom out. Just a tiny screw to remove. You can still adjust the rebound with a stubby flathead driver.
Incidentally, I fitted 160mm pedal arms previously. Since using the shock I've replaced with the original 165's as the bike uses its rear travel way more efficiently.
I've been so impressed with the rear coil I've just done a vorsprung smashpot conversion on the lyrik. I'll test fully tomorrow but initial impression from a short trail ride is that it feels very impressive. I'll put some feedback on here if anyone's interested.

Domj1234

Jan 5, 2019
Saints23
I'm going to be selling my vitus on ebay next week. I'm thinking I'll sell the ohlins rear shock seperately. Was £720 new. I've also got a spare battery I'm selling. It's been charged less than 10 times. If anyone's interested pm me. Thanks

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am just in the process of fitting a coil to mine, is an RS Superdeluxe with 600lbs spring, but on test fitting it look like the coil might rub against the sides of the frame where it passes through -

@Domj1234 with your Ohlins is it super tight, are you able to take a pic close up of where it passes thought the frame?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles