Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Product Image:
camel.jpg

Product name: CamelBak Podium 710ml Drink bottle
Price paid: €10
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: Yes. It's a drinks bottle ...

It doesn't actually fit the old school Kenevo, but it is great for pretty much anything else outside when you need to take a drink with you.

The best feature is the tap. If you turn it to closed, nothing comes out no matter if you drop it, squash it, jump on it.

If you turn it to open, nothing comes out if you shake it around or turn it upside down, but squeeze it or suck and you are refreshed.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
IMO there is only one requirement for an MTB bottle, and that it having a cap to keep crud off the mouthpiece. I run Fidlock bottles, and their new cap design is the best I have seen for this

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 16.15.01.png

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I have a few of these Camelback Podium bottles for my Stumpy. I bought a hydration pack for eMTB riding as I don't have a SWAT compartment in the frame for my tools etc - so I don't really use them much more.

I have a mouthpiece covers on 2 of them. They only made them in blue (at the time anyway) - which didn't match my colour scheme, however it was an essential piece of kit! I think they charge something silly like £10 for a little silicone cap with a band for holding it onto the valve.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have a mouthpiece covers on 2 of them. They only made them in blue (at the time anyway) - which didn't match my colour scheme, however it was an essential piece of kit! I think they charge something silly like £10 for a little silicone cap with a band for holding it onto the valve.
If you ride with someone else, just let them sip first and clean the dog poo off for you .... :unsure: :eek:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
IMO there is only one requirement for an MTB bottle, and that it having a cap to keep crud off the mouthpiece. I run Fidlock bottles, and their new cap design is the best I have seen for this

View attachment 53179
Put a sock on it works great as a bottle mud guard / Filter and comes in handy ( or should that be footy ) for a spare foot warmer too. You can even use a small glove but that just looks silly depending on the size of your feet obviously determines how clean your bottle remains lol.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
C626C85D-B9FB-442A-9F61-65629334B933.jpeg

I noticed there’s now a ‘dirt series’ bottle. It’s 600ml, cost about £14 (inc shipping) and comes with a black mouthpiece cover.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They're surprisingly tough too ..

I ran over mine with an excavator a couple of weeks ago and squished it flat. Cleaned it up and re-shaped it as much as possible then put it in the dishwasher - which re-formed it some more .. then boiling water - for more re-forming. The lid was stubbornly oval shaped, so warmed that up in boiling water then placed it oval shape up with a heavy wooden block resting on it for a day and it pretty much re-shaped back to normal. It's back in use now !

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
View attachment 62273
I noticed there’s now a ‘dirt series’ bottle. It’s 600ml, cost about £14 (inc shipping) and comes with a black mouthpiece cover.
I have that one. It came with the hip pack that takes the bottle and a small place to stash stuff.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Will they hold plutonium? Asking for a friend.
I got the same. The small version fits the Trek frame perfectly with a side holder cage. I’ve never lost a tooth either from using it. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles