Levo Gen 2 Calculating real odometer after changing wheel circumference

JonnyDangerous

Jul 30, 2020
UK
Hi - i have a 2019 Turbo levo. The wheel circumference was changed when i bought it to 2000mm to give it a little extra top end zing. Not sure what the standard setting is. Can anyone help me with how to calculate what the real odometer reading should be if the wheel size was set correctly. It's currently showing 361km which i think is underestimating the distance but not sure by how much.

Thanks

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Lets persume your current wheel circumference is 2200mm (you should measure it to be exact).
2200mm / 2000mm = 1,1
361km * 1,1 = 397,1km

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Mark a line on the road / your drive line up the tyre valve and ride the bike forward with your full weight on it until the tyre valve comes around again. Mark and measure. That will be more accurate than measuring around the outside.
salko's method is sound.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Anybody else have a bike mechanic at their dealer try to set the wheel circumference at the maximum value when a specific value (2260 mm in my case) was requested?

I told the guy that updated my engine firmware that I did a rollout and the wheel circumference measured 89 inches...he set that value for me, but then another mechanic came over and said to set it at the maximum value (presumably because my front tire is 29 x 3.0 and I can swap my 27.5+ rear wheel with a 29 x 2.8 wheel/tire).

I just want it to be accurate...not looking to bypass any speed restrictions.

It irritated me enough that I might consider a different shop for my next ebike purchase...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles