"Bumblebee" Mondraker Crafty Carbon XR 2021

andyfin9

Sep 24, 2020
Finland
My new set of wheels for season -21

Upgraded with e*13 carbon cranks and tuned with Renthal handlebars and Galfer brake discs.

DSC_2211_small.jpg

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
I like the mondraker bikes, but not digging that shock placement for my type of riding. Thats good for new ebiker/but not the best for more aggressive riding. However, those ohlins are a nice touch, along with the color scheme.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
I like the mondraker bikes, but not digging that shock placement for my type of riding. Thats good for new ebiker/but not the best for more aggressive riding. However, those ohlins are a nice touch, along with the color scheme.
I'm just curious what type of riding you do exactly, and why it would be bad for that shock placement?

His_Turdness

Nov 12, 2020
Finland
Please explain.

Maybe the vertical shock placement is more for flowy trails and a more horizontal placement is better for rougher terrain? I have a weaker shock on my bike and I ride some pretty rocky stuff. Haven't run into any problems yet, as far as I know.

That's a dang fine looking bike though. My brother has the 2018 or 2019 version, it's a beast.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Maybe the vertical shock placement is more for flowy trails and a more horizontal placement is better for rougher terrain? I have a weaker shock on my bike and I ride some pretty rocky stuff. Haven't run into any problems yet, as far as I know.

That's a dang fine looking bike though. My brother has the 2018 or 2019 version, it's a beast.

Nah, I don't think thewrx has a clue what he's on about to be honest.
I have a similar shock placement on my Mondraker level and my DH rig and both handle the rough stuff beautifully (y)

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

This statement makes zero sense....lol

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
That shock placement is perfect in MY opinion.
Based on 20 years of riding MTBs and spending a lot of my youth as a test rider on motocross bikes I have very firm ideas on what works and what doesn't and a vertical mounted shock seems to work best over a wider range of circumstances.
On MX bikes, the single greatest improvement in suspension was when they went to a vertically mounted linkage system. Yamaha went with the monoshock under the tank back around '73 and always had consistency issues with things like over-loading the front end causing something known as 'Yamahop'. This actually remained an issue when they went to a linkage system to a certain extent and only really went away once the shock was vertically mounted.

Oh, and @andyfin9 - that is once damned sexy piece of kit.

Bertoperto

Dec 26, 2020
Lombardia Italia
Beautiful bike, so beautiful that I ordered one that they haven't delivered yet.
Excuse my english (google translator), i write from italy and i am a young 66 year old owner of a haibike sduro all mountain pro 2016 (best model then) and I hope to take a good step forward.
I really like the yellow stripe knobs(grips) you mounted, where did you buy them?
Are sram brake discs so bad that they have to change? Weight 65 kg suit.
Good and happy rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles