Bulls evo am4

LRB

Apr 12, 2021
Ramona California
Any Bulls Evo AM 4 owners here? I have had mine for around 6 weeks and have put over 500 miles on it. I am curious how other owners feel about the bike and any issues they have had.

June 2021 Update, 1400 miles and 160,000 vertical feet.

September 4th update, 4 warranty issues, battery died, Bloks screen went dark, Shimano rear hub disintegrated and yesterday my motor (Brose S-Mag) died. All under warranty but disappointing for a 6 month old bike.
2000 miles 230,000 vertical. Still curious about other Bulls bike owners.

Last edited:

Orb

Jul 14, 2020
New Jersey, USA
I've had mine since April. Issue for the last two months with the motor engaging without input, staying engaged until I brake or backpedal. Told me to clean the area between the crankarms and BB, no improvement. Now also finding that I can turn the cranks under heavy torque and they "slip", don't engage the motor. The paint is garbage, chips way too easily. Battery doesn't charge properly about 90% of the time, I get a red light on the charger and have to unplug and charge it again.

LRB

Apr 12, 2021
Ramona California
I've had mine since April. Issue for the last two months with the motor engaging without input, staying engaged until I brake or backpedal. Told me to clean the area between the crankarms and BB, no improvement. Now also finding that I can turn the cranks under heavy torque and they "slip", don't engage the motor. The paint is garbage, chips way too easily. Battery doesn't charge properly about 90% of the time, I get a red light on the charger and have to unplug and charge it again.
Totally agree about the paint, littlest rock causes a chip. Sounds like your belt is going. Pretty disappointed in a 6k bike having all these issues. I am not sure if I would recommend anyone buying this bike except that the shop has been very cool with fixing everything under warranty. I have been thinking about selling it once I get it back but probably won’t get back more then 2/3 of the cost.

Orb

Jul 14, 2020
New Jersey, USA
Totally agree about the paint, littlest rock causes a chip. Sounds like your belt is going. Pretty disappointed in a 6k bike having all these issues. I am not sure if I would recommend anyone buying this bike except that the shop has been very cool with fixing everything under warranty. I have been thinking about selling it once I get it back but probably won’t get back more then 2/3 of the cost.
Thinking the same, I'd like a bit better reliability. I've upgraded mine a ton, was hoping this would be my long-term bike. But the issues so far are disappointing, and I don't have a local dealer that can really help. The guys in San Diego were cool with the purchase process but have pushed me off on a local "Bulls Dealer" who only deals in city bikes and such, he has no idea about MTBs. I can see a battery warranty issue coming soon and probably a motor replacement with this new issue with what you're saying is the belt.

LRB

Apr 12, 2021
Ramona California
Flyrides! That is where I bought mine. I know they want you to go through their email and put in a warranty, I just go and bitch and they have fixed it or taken it and ordered it. They have been pretty chill about it. I really bought that bike after quite a bit of research and a few test rides. I actually preferred the Cube 140 but it was not in stock, they had plenty of the Bulls and it had really good specs so I went for it. It is German designed so I figured it would be bulletproof. In hindsight I should have waited…..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles