Brose sprag clutch

inanc

May 11, 2019
turkey
Hello everyone ;

I am Inanc from Turkey. I am Mechanical Engineering student. I am interested in e bikes. I am in a jam with these sprag clutch (one way bearings). How Brose's crank shaft work i do not understand. They used 2 spag clutch.How they arranged rotating directions i do not understand.

As everyone know; there are three type of motion. 1) Backpedal, 2) Forwardpedal (without assit), 3) Using drive unit.

Who can explain me? If anywhere be not clear, i can give detail.

Thanks.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Hello everyone ;

I am Inanc from Turkey. I am Mechanical Engineering student. I am interested in e bikes. I am in a jam with these sprag clutch (one way bearings). How Brose's crank shaft work i do not understand. They used 2 spag clutch.How they arranged rotating directions i do not understand.

As everyone know; there are three type of motion. 1) Backpedal, 2) Forwardpedal (without assit), 3) Using drive unit.

Who can explain me? If anywhere be not clear, i can give detail.

Thanks.
Hi Inanc,
There are two sprag clutch bearings in the Brose motor, one between the motors large drive belt pulley and one end of the sprocket carrier. The other sprag bearing fits between the inner end of the sprocket carrier and the crankshaft.

When you start to pedal, the crank sprag bearing grips and puts power from the crankshaft to the sprocket carrier and turns the front sprocket. If you back pedal, this sprag bearing slips.

If the motor is not on the pulley sprag slips and alows free pedalling. If the motor starts to assist the pulley sprag grips and assists your power input.

See, clear as mud!

IMG_7107s.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles