Brose S Mag is already a outdated motor

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
With the new Bosch upgrade, the arrival of the Ep8 and the PW-X2 recently upgraded too, this Brose can only argument for less noisy and customizable settings on the Levo.

Compared to Bosch: No automatic mode, less powerfull, less battery options
Compared to Yamaha: No automatic mode, less powerfull, less sensors
Compared to current* Shimano: No automatic mode, less reliable, harder to control
Compared to Dynamo 3.0: His anorexic version

Brose need to upgrade too, I’m not saying is a bad motor, still has plenty of power and the quietest of them, can hold with the others, but isn’t the benchmark no more. They need to learn about Ferrari history.

*Ep8 will be even better

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Basingstoke UK
If any dealers can swap out these motors in the event of an issue, like Berkshires bikes do with brose, then I would consider one. Until then, no.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
On the bright side for Brose:
  • IMHO Brose has the most natural pedaling feel of them all
  • Competiton between producers/sellers is a good thing, esspecially for the buyers

Zero

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Fx1"
Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
With the new Bosch upgrade, the arrival of the Ep8 and the PW-X2 recently upgraded too, this Brose can only argument for less noisy and customizable settings on the Levo.

Compared to Bosch: No automatic mode, less powerfull, less battery options
Compared to Yamaha: No automatic mode, less powerfull, less sensors
Compared to current* Shimano: No automatic mode, less reliable, harder to control
Compared to Dynamo 3.0: His anorexic version

Brose need to upgrade too, I’m not saying is a bad motor, still has plenty of power and the quietest of them, can hold with the others, but isn’t the benchmark no more. They need to learn about Ferrari history.

*Ep8 will be even better

Do you own a Brose motor?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Specialized mentioned somewhere they are looking at an EMTB/Auto mode for the 2.1 motors (think they're calling it Dynamic Turbo). For the life of me I can't remember where but it may have been one of the Product Manager interviews. It apparently can be accomplished through a firmware update to the TCU and motor.

They said something about dynamic acceleration as well, I guess that means an auto version of the 'Acceleration' slider in Mission Control, which may be similar to the Bosch cadence/instant on bit Rob mentioned in his video.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
If you want an auto mode try smart power in blevo, it's really good.
Trail mode is all you need. Its plenty dynamic on the Brose.
It sounds like you've never tried setting Muscularity to 100 :geek:

page26image11560800

The Muscularity slider can be set from 0 to 100. Setting 0 returns to the original setting of constant power, increasing it to 100 will have the effect that the leg power will feel more natural, like riding a manual/non eBike, where the feedback on our legs is felt more when the slope gradient increases.

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
It's not the same, blevo dynamically adjusts the assistance to match your input delivering a much smoother and natural experience.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles