Brose or Bosch ?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
This is usually signalling the beginning of the end for your sprag bearing.
Hi bearing man , my 2020 kenevo is a 1st dispatch (Oct) bike and has been trouble free ( apart from the usual over run ) until about a month ago . It started to make a scratchy sound when powering uphill and then a rubbing sound . I did the new phone update and all noises have gone , rides like new and hope it continues !

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Hi bearing man , my 2020 kenevo is a 1st dispatch (Oct) bike and has been trouble free ( apart from the usual over run ) until about a month ago . It started to make a scratchy sound when powering uphill and then a rubbing sound . I did the new phone update and all noises have gone , rides like new and hope it continues !
If your mechanical noise disappeared after a software update, I would tend to err on the side of caution and believe this may possibly have been a coincidence? But I definitely wish you luck :)

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Hi Bearing Man , I read you knowledgable posts on motors , have you ever been asked which current motor you would choose . Really seems to be between shimano and bosch it seems if you want a cross section of bikes to choose from . Here on my second time round with an open mind after owning an e8000 bike for A few years

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles