Netherlands
I received some photos from the paint shop
IMG-20210628-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210628-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210628-WA0005.jpg

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
Can you please stop whining about the title of this topic. It is a DIY build, wether it is available for everyone or not doesn't matter in my opinion. As long as the moderators of this forum do not ask me to change it, it stays as it is.

Last edited:

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
Thanks, pretty happy with how it turned out. It is more or less the paint scheme of the Canyon Neuron 2019.

I don't think we will sell these frames or complete e-mtb via Avalon. But that all depends on what my employer thinks when he sees the final bike. But I think that if any will be made it will not be a bargain because of the small numbers.

IMG_20210629_110315.jpg

I am going to pick it up at the painter saturday 10th of july. So Just a week to go before I can put it together

Last edited:

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
I put it back together and started to build up the frame. First the shock and headset. Still have to cut the sterertube. I wanted to ride with a straight bar but if I ever crash the shifter and Brakelever would hit the toptube. And since I do not like the look a a huge stack ofspacers I mounted a 20mm riser.

IMG20210710163238.jpg

IMG-20210710-WA0006.jpeg

Last edited:

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Hi,

This is where I will be posting updates of the build of a 140mm travel carbon E-MTB frame.

I started to look for a frame with a Bafang M500 motor, but the frames I liked could only fit a 450 Wh and that is simply not enough.
a 600Wh also fits but I found out that it sticks 2cm out of the down tube. So it ruins the look of the bike, at least that is my opinion.

In the end I went for the same frame my collegue just finished building. A full carbon frame designed for a full brose e-bike kit constisting out of a 630Wh battery, Mag S motor and everything else that is needed from brose to get in driveable.

With a little bit of luck the frame will be delivered in May, and will then be sent to a paintshop. At the moment I'm collecting parts and am busy coming up with a paint scheme, meaning a lot of photoshop to find something i like and will like for some time to come.

This is the frameset I ordered in L/XL
Comes with a Rockshox trunion select + shock

View attachment 49595

Parts I have so far:
Rockshox Pike ultimate 140mm travel
Magura MT 7 pro
Magura Storm centerlock 203mm rotors (plan was to use my DTSwiss XM1501 for my Neuron, not sure if they are allowed for E-MTBs)
Sram XO gripshift
Sram GX 11-speed rearderailleur

On order
Novatec Diabo XL 29 wheelset (needs 6 bolts rotors)
M-wave 40mm stem ( for starters)
M-wave 78mm bar (for staters)
M-wave Levitate LT 170 mmm dropper post

Still need to find some tires, saddle

I will be using it to ride single tracks etc. I don't do bikeparks, big drops or jumps so 140mm of travel is more than enough for me, probably to much :)
The reason I am starting to ride an E-MTB is that I think I'll have more fun on it than a regular MTB. A ride a Trek SuperCommuter to work every day (42 km total) and always enjoy it. Even when it rains or in heavy winds, so I think the same goes for a E-MTB. Although my MTB friends will probably won't let me come allong any more. That would be a problem anyway since they always ride about 28-30km/h on the 25km route to the trail. That is to fast to keep up with a restricted E-MTB.
Isn't a seattube angle of 71° extremely slag to pedal?

JAOK

Jan 6, 2021
Netherlands
i do think that is a error in the file, because it does not look like 71, it pedals pretty well if it really is 71 degrees

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles