Broken Trail Remote on my Turbo Levo 2018: Where to find a replacement?

KennyBeach

Jul 3, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Dear forum-friends!

I have damaged my wired Trail remote during a fight with gravity, which I lost, and now need to replace it.

The wiring is damaged, and it does not give any inputs to the battery anymore.

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 16.42.48.png

The problem however is that my Google-fu seems to be quite weak in this specific matter, and I cannot find any shop online where they sell a wired remote as a spare part, and ship it to Norway! The wireless Garmin is everywhere, and I dont want this, as it does not have the walk assist, neither the turbo button.

Could someone help me out, and give me a hint on where I can get a hold of a remote replacement? It can also be a used one, as long as it´s working!

My ride is a 2018 Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie/29.

Thanks a lot !

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Not sure about shipping, but, Contact Chris Reilly at Berkshire Cycles.
Totally agree, I was there today. They are amazing, gave me a complete tour, explained to me exactly what they do to build their bikes (and the custom work the do to set up the Levo & Kenevo. They are outstanding dealers.

DaveL

Aug 31, 2018
Pukekohe, New Zealand
On a slightly different (but almost related) note... I want to remove my remote so that I can change my handlebars. I assume it's a small Allen key that's holding it in place ( I can't see up into the hole well enought o be 100% sure) but none of mine seem to be the right size. Could someone confirm what size Allen key I should be using please, cheers.

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham
I have just replaced mine the case cracked but still worked, but I could not titan it up, so my local dealer ordered me one £70 ?

Tomascw

Oct 24, 2018
Chile
I have just replaced mine the case cracked but still worked, but I could not titan it up, so my local dealer ordered me one £70 ?

Hi! Is it hard to replace it? Can you do it by yourself?

I broke mine (cut the cord from the remote)...

Thanks!!

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham

Thanks!!

Hi, I have a working remote that has a crack in the case but is working fine, cable is perfect, if you want it you can have it for £25? you can open it up and replace the cable with mine.

Let me know?

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium

Thanks!!
It’s very easy to do. You have to take one crank off to access the motor then just plug the new one.

I bought a replacement at my LBS but for some reason, specialized seems reluctant to sell that part. I paid full price but still had to supply the broken one, serial number of the bike etc...

9805johns

Nov 19, 2018
Wilts
Hi, I have a working remote that has a crack in the case but is working fine, cable is perfect, if you want it you can have it for £25? you can open it up and replace the cable with mine.

Let me know?
I will have it from you if its not gone John S

Jaguas

Nov 19, 2018

Let me know?
Hi.
I have a Turbo Levo Comp.del 2017 without control.
Two weeks ago I have changed battery and motor warranty.
Do you still have the broken command?
I would like to buy a new or damaged one.
A greeting.

wonderweenie

Nov 28, 2018
Germany
Dear forum-friends!

I have damaged my wired Trail remote during a fight with gravity, which I lost, and now need to replace it.

The wiring is damaged, and it does not give any inputs to the battery anymore.

View attachment 2663

The problem however is that my Google-fu seems to be quite weak in this specific matter, and I cannot find any shop online where they sell a wired remote as a spare part, and ship it to Norway! The wireless Garmin is everywhere, and I dont want this, as it does not have the walk assist, neither the turbo button.

Could someone help me out, and give me a hint on where I can get a hold of a remote replacement? It can also be a used one, as long as it´s working!

My ride is a 2018 Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie/29.

Thanks a lot ![/QUOTE

Hi Folks,
the new version is available at bestbike in Germany shipping it from today! Already bought one. It is the new Specialized Remote with an extension.
Specialized SPECIALIZED LEVO MY18 LEVO HANDLEBAR REMOTE (ALLOY FRAME ONLY)
Cheers

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
This looks like a universal with adapter for square or round plug. I can't seem to locate square plug for my 2017 anywhere. In the states, so not so many options here.
That is a stock Specialized part, the second cable pictured does not have anything to do with the remote.

Karsten

kenman202

Apr 30, 2019
MD, USA
That is a stock Specialized part, the second cable pictured does not have anything to do with the remote.

Karsten
Thanks!

My LBS can order it. Weird thing, Only option in computer on the part list shows "Carbon frame Only" for the control switch. My 2017 frame is aluminum, can I use this switch? Anybody?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Thanks!

My LBS can order it. Weird thing, Only option in computer on the part list shows "Carbon frame Only" for the control switch. My 2017 frame is aluminum, can I use this switch? Anybody?
You can use it, but the plug won’t fit through the cable hole in the frame. On the 2018 aluminum and carbon frames have a removable cable guide that the plug easily fits through.
When we install the remote on the older frames I make a notch in front edge of the battery casing and run the wire through there.

kenman202

Apr 30, 2019
MD, USA
You can use it, but the plug won’t fit through the cable hole in the frame. On the 2018 aluminum and carbon frames have a removable cable guide that the plug easily fits through.
When we install the remote on the older frames I make a notch in front edge of the battery casing and run the wire through there.

Thank you. I dont mind drilling a hole. Dont have a warranty because I bought a demo bike (HUGE discount) Its cutting and soldering the wires back together is only concern. Dont want to over heat anything. Im hoping my firmware is late enough for plug n play. We'll find out.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Thank you. I dont mind drilling a hole. Dont have a warranty because I bought a demo bike (HUGE discount) Its cutting and soldering the wires back together is only concern. Dont want to over heat anything. Im hoping my firmware is late enough for plug n play. We'll find out.
It won’t work unless you have later firmware

ISHI

Apr 9, 2020
Brazil
Does anyone know the order of connection of the pins, for the walk assist system in the plug of the electric motor BROSE of TURBO LEVO FSR 6 FATTIE alloy 2017? I want to install this button on my bike, I couldn't get it with the specialized one, but I saw in this video that it is possible and even very easy. I just need the wiring diagram and I'm going to make a switch to put on the handlebars.
Here in Brazil I couldn't get it with 2 authorized dealers, very difficult to get parts. so I want to make a switch only for the walk assist, step on very tight trails, steep banks, it is very difficult to push the bike, if I had the help of the engine, it would be much easier to push the bike.

Specialized Turbo Levo Control Switch Retrofit (2016-2017 Models)

1589066740269.png

I need to know which pins are connected to a switch to do the walk assit, could someone tell me or send photos? the other functions don't interest me, but I want to do the walk assist function on my LEVO FSR 2017
1589066828046.png

Jan Svab

Jan 19, 2021
Slovenia
Does anyone know the order of connection of the pins, for the walk assist system in the plug of the electric motor BROSE of TURBO LEVO FSR 6 FATTIE alloy 2017? I want to install this button on my bike, I couldn't get it with the specialized one, but I saw in this video that it is possible and even very easy. I just need the wiring diagram and I'm going to make a switch to put on the handlebars.
Here in Brazil I couldn't get it with 2 authorized dealers, very difficult to get parts. so I want to make a switch only for the walk assist, step on very tight trails, steep banks, it is very difficult to push the bike, if I had the help of the engine, it would be much easier to push the bike.

Specialized Turbo Levo Control Switch Retrofit (2016-2017 Models)

View attachment 30770
I need to know which pins are connected to a switch to do the walk assit, could someone tell me or send photos? the other functions don't interest me, but I want to do the walk assist function on my LEVO FSR 2017
View attachment 30771
Hi ISHI,
have you figured out which contacts are the right one?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles