Bristol, Mendips, Cannop, South Wales

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I'm in Bristol and looking for some fellow eMTBr's. At 43 I'm no pro athlete, but can get round reds at places like Cymcarn and Cannop just fine.

Normally I like to mix it up and go different places like Leigh Woods, Mendips, Afan Valley, Cannop, Cymcarn, South Wales in general like Black Mountains, BPW, Quantocks, but with local lockdowns in most of the good spots in South Wales I'm just sticking to Bristol, Cannop and Mendips at the moment.

Just looking for some others as I'm sure it'll be more fun than solo all the time as well as a bit safer too.

Also looking to try a night ride now that it's getting darker and I really don't know about doing that solo either.

Let me know!

RodgerRitzy

Dec 1, 2020
South Wales
I'm in South Wales and mainly ride Cwmcarn, Wyllie, Machen, Risca etc.....give me a shout if you're heading over this way and we could sort something out. Or FoD sometime if you ever go there? Generally end up riding on my own so some company would be cool.

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I was at Cymcarn yesterday and twice last week, love the place. Did both Cafall and Twrch and Kaiser (those drops are mint). Will def be in touch as heading over next week as being furloughed over Christmas from tomorrow (what a shame!) You about in the week at all?

RodgerRitzy

Dec 1, 2020
South Wales
Yeah I should be.....I'm working from home but offline currently as waiting for a new laptop so free week days at the moment.

I was up Cwmcarn on Tuesday myself, just did the Cafall downhills as I was testing the battery riding there from my house.

Let me know when you're thinking of heading over.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I ride off piste at FoD most weekends and any are welcome to come along.

I’ll be at Mallards Pike Lake on Saturday at about 11am if anyone fancies it.

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I ride off piste at FoD most weekends and any are welcome to come along.

I’ll be at Mallards Pike Lake on Saturday at about 11am if anyone fancies it.

Yeah I've been wanting to find the off piste stuff in FoD as well as like Rodger I've ridden Cannop loads. Can't make tomorrow but definitely soon if that's ok ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No worries, like I said, I'm there most weekends just drop me a message when you're free.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
I’m picking my bike up tomorrow so will be around most weekends, hopefully out Sunday as off to see Santa tomorrow. Live in fod and mostly ride the off piste stuff. One of my mates is a trail map and knows where it all is, I just follow

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
I’m picking my bike up tomorrow so will be around most weekends, hopefully out Sunday as off to see Santa tomorrow. Live in fod and mostly ride the off piste stuff. One of my mates is a trail map and knows where it all is, I just follow
Sounds good, I hear FOD off piste is quite sloppy this time of year?

Might chuck on the hillbilly ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It can get a little damp, yes. I usually run a Magic Mary all year round but I might try a Hillbilly or Shorty this winter.

murz100

Feb 16, 2019
bristol
I’d be up for that sometime I know mallards well been round there with Dom loads of times
but struggle to find the other off piste stuff

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Bit of a delay on me tho. They got the wrong size bike for me. Mine won’t be in til jan. they have been great and offered me a demo every weekend if I want it. Genuine mistake

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’d be up for that sometime I know mallards well been round there with Dom loads of times
but struggle to find the other off piste stuff
I've been out exploring the last few weeks and found a good few trails between Mallards and Shutcastle. It's all very sloppy at the moment though and the bike doesn't seem to spend much time going in the direction that the front wheel is pointing... :ROFLMAO:

murz100

Feb 16, 2019
bristol
I've been out exploring the last few weeks and found a good few trails between Mallards and Shutcastle. It's all very sloppy at the moment though and the bike doesn't seem to spend much time going in the direction that the front wheel is pointing... :ROFLMAO:
? yeah I expect it’s like that everywhere at mo
is it nice steep stuff you found ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No, it's just some the older trails. I can now link Mallards and Shutcastle off-road though.

I'm leaving the steeps til trails dry out.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
From the Trail Centre tomorrow. The weather is looking minging but at least all the groomed trails will be rideable.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Doeys is fucked right now. Most of Shutcastle is OK except for Sweet As where they are logging.

What's at Coalway?

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Oh dear. What about ceris side. I not been out since I sold my spectral. On a demo e160 rs tomorrow. May be worth sticking to cycle centre then

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Ceris 1 (I think, big chute at the end) was boggy as anything a couple of weeks ago and the weather has only got worse since then.

We'll be meeting at 11 at the Cycle Centre.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles