Brand spanking new

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
Hi all, Ive been looking at these for nearly 3years now and did have every intention of buying the original levo...(hooked as soon as I seen it) but with so many reports of u reliable motors and battery I decided to wait till things improved..
Anyway,as I've hardly rode my regular bike I've piled on th lbs and I mean piled them on,so now it's time to get busy and buy an emtb..
Still not sure on specialized reliability so 50/50 on levo..I do love the idea of the new haibike but i do have a good local ish cube dealer...like the look of the stero hpa 140 625 I think it's called...any opinions on these bikes..bigger battery better,ful suspension for my heavy duty frame and .most important is reliability...

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
Thank you minius...I'm really in no great rush as I want to make sure whatever I decide on Is the right choice for me.these machines are expensive,complex and very personal.my preference if it had to be made now would be the haibike flyon,but as I've read somewhere today,whY exactly do I feel I need it? I personally love the look that lots seem to hate,fair enough,and also I like the idea of an overly powerful motor.if I could line up a small selection and ride them for a day it would be perfect.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Hi all, Ive been looking at these for nearly 3years now and did have every intention of buying the original levo...(hooked as soon as I seen it) but with so many reports of u reliable motors and battery I decided to wait till things improved..
Anyway,as I've hardly rode my regular bike I've piled on th lbs and I mean piled them on,so now it's time to get busy and buy an emtb..
Still not sure on specialized reliability so 50/50 on levo..I do love the idea of the new haibike but i do have a good local ish cube dealer...like the look of the stero hpa 140 625 I think it's called...any opinions on these bikes..bigger battery better,ful suspension for my heavy duty frame and .most important is reliability...
Its the Luck of the draw the like cars you can get a good 1 or a bad 1 best thing to do is go with what turns you on ?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I think one of the first things to do is make a list with 2 columns ... Wants - Needs.
Then see which one scores higher.
Or just a long list:
Motor Charachteristics
Battery Type
Battery Size
Style
Ergonomics
Componentry
Wheel Size
Price
etc, etc
See which one meets the most of your criteria.

Just sold my Scott with the Shimano motor and only have the Levo right now, but a new Scott with the Bosch Gen4 motor and 625Wh battery is on the way. To be honest, the Levo only met 2 or 3 of the above and was bought solely for the battery size. Once I have the Scott sorted it is gone as I don't really like much about it.
As a big unit myself, the Giant with the Yamaha motor sits high on any list due to the way it works better than most at a lower cadence and if not for my past experiences with the local importer over warranty issues would be 1st or 2nd choice.

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
One of the levos from tredz you get a free 504wh battery which is good but I'd rather buy local which is where the cube hpa with 625wh looks good,but does the supposed loud Bosch motor free wheel top end ? Then their is haibikes new flyon hmm my heart n head are at war

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
One of the levos from tredz you get a free 504wh battery which is good but I'd rather buy local which is where the cube hpa with 625wh looks good,but does the supposed loud Bosch motor free wheel top end ? Then their is haibikes new flyon hmm my heart n head are at war
The battery isnt free you can buy the 2019 levo for less money with out the other battery i did

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Out of curiosity rusty,why dont you like the levo ?
Hmmm, where to start.
Over-priced and under-specced for a start.
Don't particularly like the geometry either and the rear suspension design does not work as well as others IMHO. To be fair, the basic design is the fault and has been overcome mostly by shock valving but is at the root of things a bad design.
Not overly a fan of the Brose motor either and found the Shimano a more natural feel to me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles