Brand New Giant Stance E+1 Charging for the first time Question ?

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
East Kilbride, Glasgow Scotland
Had my Stance E+1 now for one week. The bike came fully charged and today after my short ride this morning, the battery was at 6% according to the ride app on the iPhone. So I plugged in my smart charger and give it time to charge. The approximate time given in the manual is about 3.5 hours for a full 100% charge, the green LED should be constant when finished. Well after about 4.5 hours my green LED is still flashing. I unplugged and the app is showing 98% charge. Not sure if this is right ? I did plug it back in again and within another 30 minutes the charge had went to 99% but still the green LED was flashing.

I don't want to leave it plugged in for any longer - so I am just going to use the battery again and see how long I get out of it. Should I be concerned any this stage about the brand new battery ?

Performance so far within the first week of getting the bike has been great - no issues at all.

Yielar

Apr 14, 2019
Kelowna, BC
I have a new Giant Trance SX and had charging issues (wouldn't charge at all) and my LBS just gave me a new charger. New one works great no issues. Mine is the 6 amp smart charger but you may want to try a different charger if you continue to have issues. Good luck

Clausguld

Mar 25, 2019
Denmark
I have a Giant full-e. My experience is that the last 4-5 % take long time relatively compared to the first 95-96%. Last time I charge from 40 to 96% in between 1,5-2 hour and the last 4% took approximately 45 minutes

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
East Kilbride, Glasgow Scotland
I have a Giant full-e. My experience is that the last 4-5 % take long time relatively compared to the first 95-96%. Last time I charge from 40 to 96% in between 1,5-2 hour and the last 4% took approximately 45 minutes

Thanks,

I will out again last night on a 99% charge and managed 17.4km only using 20% battery with a few high climbs in the mix. I think my battery is fine, kinda makes sense that the last 5% or so may take longer to complete the charge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles