Brake touching frame mount

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
Hi all,

Anyone seen this before. Boost pro 4 hub (148) all stock and the disc is just touching the caliper mount.

It's bloody odd. I remove the wheel quite often and this just started today. Checked the hope spacers are installed. Reseated the cassette no change. Disc is straight and true. It's almost like I'm missing a spacer but I've never seen one.

20190717_211931.jpg

20190717_211937.jpg

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
Cheers both, Rotor is straight and mounted correct way around. It's been fine for ages but I do take the wheel in and out quite often and do remove the cassette at times to give it a good clean but I can't see the cassette side being related as its the rotor side that's touching.

I borrowed a wheel off a friend also using a pro 4 hub and the rotor clears. Something must be missing from the wheelset but I can't see what. On the rotor side there is just an insert spacer and nothing else. Its very strange indeed. I'll have a better look on the weekend. Worst case I'll throw in a washer to push it out by 1mm.

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
Anyone else able to check how close theirs is?

This is the gap with the other wheel installed. It's still bloody close but does clear.

20190718_195320.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
looks like you have the wrong non drive side end cap installed on the hub axle.
inwoods top pic shows the correct boost 148 end cap quite clearly

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
Massive thanks for the pictures, shows me where it should be. Similar Hubs and Brakes to me too so a perfect example.

looks like you have the wrong non drive side end cap installed on the hub axle.
inwoods top pic shows the correct boost 148 end cap quite clearly

That's a good spot. That rear wheel has always had those end caps and they are identical both sides and worked fine for ages, maybe I did pick up the wrong one at one point as I do have a few end caps. I'll see what others I have. Should they be different drive side to brake side do you know?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles