Boxxer fork bearing spacers.

Wic_ed1

Oct 4, 2020
New Zealand
Hi,

I’m looking at fitting my Boxxer forks off my 2020 Kenevo Expert on my sons 2020 Giant stance E+2. The head tube sizes are significantly different. Does anyone know where I can source fork spacers to be able to fit them

thanks in advance

Mambat

Mar 19, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi Wic_ed1

Did you come right in fitting the Boxxer up to the Stance frame?
It should be possible in finding the right size bearings... that dual crown is a straight steerer is it not?
My concern would be how out of whack the Geo would be. 180mm front 120mm rear.
I fitted a Pike dual air 130/160 on my sons Stance which he adjusts for the climbs then releases for downs.

Interested to hear if you made any progress?

microfiz

Dec 31, 2020
Alameda CA
My first contribution... lol!

Boxxers are straight steer tubes, measured at 1 1/8 inches.

Almost all single crown forks nowadays are tapered... with 1.5 inch crown that tapers to 1 1/8 inch where the stem attaches to.

You can buy a crown race adapter that will allow your narrow steerer tube to use the current bottom headset bearing (potentially). Or you can buy a 1.5 to 1 1/8 headset like this one (you only use the lower half... the top half you can use what's on the bike):

Wic_ed1

Oct 4, 2020
New Zealand
My first contribution... lol!

Boxxers are straight steer tubes, measured at 1 1/8 inches.

Almost all single crown forks nowadays are tapered... with 1.5 inch crown that tapers to 1 1/8 inch where the stem attaches to.

You can buy a crown race adapter that will allow your narrow steerer tube to use the current bottom headset bearing (potentially). Or you can buy a 1.5 to 1 1/8 headset like this one (you only use the lower half... the top half you can use what's on the bike):

Thanks for the reply, this will do the trick nicely. Just need to lace up a new hub and he’ll be set

microfiz

Dec 31, 2020
Alameda CA
Thanks for the reply, this will do the trick nicely. Just need to lace up a new hub and he’ll be set
So, I bought an angleset to slacken my bike. It came with a crown race reducer for 1 1/8 steerer tubes. Yours if you want it (Happy New Year!).

IMG_3548.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles